What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why you may not want to make a New Year’s resolution.
- How changing your thinking around New Year’s resolutions can be critical.
- How using the concept of your “future self” can help you think about your future and motivate you to change.
- Why inviting your future self into your life on a more permanent basis can help you deal with your negative thoughts about time and aging.
- What three easy steps are to make an amazing New Year’s Resolution.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today’s episode takes a bit of a different twist on New Year’s Resolutions. Not everyone embraces the idea of a New Year’s Resolution.
Resolutions can throw you for a loop and bring up all kinds of negative thoughts and feelings. So many of us have had a disappointing experience with them. Like everything else, however, the way you think ABOUT resolutions is directly related to their success.
Thinking that “they never work” or “I’ll just fail again after a few weeks” only creates negative feelings that don’t motivate you or create the feelings you need to do the work toward the goal.
That’s where your future self can play an important role. Thinking about what you want in the future and how appreciative you might be for the work you do now can be the mindset shift you need to create the results that you want. Learn three easy steps to make an amazing New Year’s Resolution. It turns out that your future self has the potential to be exceptionally motivating!
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Suzy’s Empty Nest Blog: The Absolute BEST New Year’s Resolution for 2020 https://suzyrosenstein.com/blog/resolution/
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Work with Suzy. Book your FREE Kick Start Call to explore the 50 Unplugged Mastermind: www.talktosuzy.com
- 50 Unplugged Mastermind: https://suzyrosenstein.com/50-unplugged-mastermind/
- Finally First Midlife Membership: www.iamfinallyfirst.com
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes