What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s important to take a look at how you feel about midlife.
- How understanding that your thoughts create your feelings can help get perspective about aging.
- How you can create gratitude on purpose, even about midlife.
- Why liking your reasons for the way you think about midlife is important.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today we’re talking about my top 10 reasons for feeling grateful for midlife. Notice the word “for.” We’re taking a look at feeling gratitude for midlife itself rather than feeling more grateful while you’re in midlife. This is a subtle but important nuance in today’s episode.
Gratitude is really about feeling thankful. You can express gratitude and you can notice that you feel grateful. Either way, studies show more and more that there can be a relationship between gratitude and many positive health and lifestyle effects.
You might be surprised at some of the ways you think about midlife because you may be unaware of your actual thoughts. However, you may notice your feelings that come up when the top 10 list that are suggested; they might not have anything to do with gratitude.
Just listening and exploring this list of reasons to be grateful for midlife can help you explore your perspective. The feelings you have will help you figure out your thoughts, because what you’re thinking is creating how you’re feeling.
You can ultimately think and feel on purpose; you’re likely not doing this as often as you can. Once you determine if you like your reasons for thinking certain things about midlife, you can also decide if you want to make a shift to create a different outcome for yourself. This is doing midlife on purpose.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Finally First Midlife Membership: http://iamfinallyfirst.com/
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Work with Suzy. Book your FREE Kick Start Call to explore the 50 Unplugged Mastermind: www.talktosuzy.com
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes