What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s important to create community in midlife.
- How the concept of community has changed in the last few decades.
- How the most important communities for you can be a surprise
- How creating community and fostering the feeling of belonging can actually be good for your health.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today we’re talking about why you need to actually create community in midlife. That may come as a bit of a surprise to you. But, just like everything else in midlife, it’s important to be intentionally as you do midlife on purpose.
Community is, by its most basic definition, a group of people who are connected in some way. There’s a feeling of fellowship. There are shared commonalities.
Midlife women tell me all the time how important it is for them to connect with other midlife women. They feel that their experiences in midlife transition are substantial enough that they don’t want to feel alone. As a woman in the middle, there’s a lot that happens and there’s a longing for confirmation that you aren’t alone.
It turns out that community and creating a sense of belonging is actually good for your health.
Community is one of those things that you don’t always know you need or how you need it. It’s importance can feel unexpected.
Tune in to learn the three most common areas of your life to find community; learn easy ways to connect with and create the community that you need to be an essential part of your regret-proofing strategy in midlife.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Finally First Midlife Membership: http://iamfinallyfirst.com/ Get on the waiting list! Launching 2019!
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Work with Suzy. Book your FREE Kick Start Call to explore the 50 Unplugged Mastermind: www.talktosuzy.com
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes