What You’ll Learn from this Episode about 3 Reasons Why you Should Act Your Shoe Size instead of your Age in Midlife:
- Three reasons why acting your shoe size instead of your age is a great idea in midlife.
- How what you think about age can affect your feelings in midlife.
- How curiosity can help you in your life.
- What being more present in your life can do for you.
- Why laughter can help you be happier and healthier.
- Why it’s important to understand that your thoughts about age are optional.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week we’re exploring why you should act your shoe size instead of your age in midlife.
Specifically, this episode is about the compelling reasons why you should consider acting more like you did when you were much younger, like your shoe size equivalent in age.
My shoe size is seven, for example. We take a look at how acting seven is dramatically different than acting 50 and what that can mean in your life.
Using the Thought Model, we see that your actual age is “neutral” and doesn’t have an emotional charge until you think something about it. Having this perspective is super helpful because you can see that you have more power and control than you think about what you think and feel.
Acting your shoe size typically means identifying more with child-like version of yourself. This isn’t the same thing as being immature. We use this perspective to see how curiosity, laughter and being present can be used intentionally in your life to bring more happiness and fulfillment.
As a woman in the middle, acting your shoe size rather than your age is a good thing!
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- The Practicing Mind, by Thomas M. Sterner https://thepracticingmind.com/
- Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/9secrets
- Women in the Middle Podcast Episode 2: Your Mindfulness Framework https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/the-model/
Connect with Suzy:
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
- Download Free Gift: Download 12 Obvious Signs that you’re Ready for an Exciting Change in Midlife: www.suzyrosenstein.com/12signs
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes