What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How it’s almost impossible to ignore your passion.
- Why it’s important to embrace discomfort when your doing something new.
- Why you should focus on finding your “why,” your bigger goal.
- Why you may have to listen hard to hear your own voice.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today’s episode is all about the road to following your passion. Specifically, my guest today is Joanne Jones, Textile Artist, Designer and owner of Mined reCreations in Ontario.
Mined reCreations is where fashion is meaningful and style has a cause. Joanne makes one-of-a-kind handbags and satchels made from recycled clothing. As if this wasn’t cool enough, Joanne’s story gets even better.
Joanne saw a chance to blend her passion for design and drive to save the environment, with her desire to create opportunity for the economically challenged young people of the world. By giving new life to old fabrics and accessories in handbags, memory pieces, mittens, and hat designs, and by contributing a portion of the proceeds of sales to scholarships for these engaged and already successful students, mined reCREATIONS provides the funds for them to attend post-secondary education and experience the doors which it can open.
Joanne also tells her personal story of hitting an early midlife funk and the transition of her career from a very traditional path to an entrepreneurial one. She was compelled to find her WHY and live in alignment with her passion.
There’s tons of insight and inspiration in today’s interview. You won’t want to miss it!
Please enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Show:
Connect with Joanne Jones: Mined reCreations: https://minedrecreations.com
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Finally First Midlife Membership: www.iamfinallyfirst.com
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Work with Suzy. Book your FREE Kick Start Call to explore the 50 Unplugged Mastermind: www.talktosuzy.com
- 50 Unplugged Mastermind: https://suzyrosenstein.com/50-unplugged-mastermind/
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes