What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How to prepare when your kids move back after college.
- Why it’s important to think about your expectations with adult children returning to your home.
- How your adult child may have changed since living away.
- Why thinking about how you want to feel is an important part of this transition.
- How understanding that your feelings come from your thoughts can really help.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This episode is about how you can become better prepared when your kids move back home. Adjusting to your empty nest filling up again is what I call “empty nest remix.” Everything is different now since your kid left a few years ago and it can be a big transition for everyone.
Kids moving back home after college can be a big adjustment for all involved that’s both exciting and challenging. While graduation is a cause for celebration and future focus, moving “back home” often doesn’t feel that way to your kid or to you.
There’s a feeling of going backwards and dealing with a sense of loss of independence. Even though your kid is now an adult, it can be a pretty big shock to live with your parents again after living on your own.
Your kids aren’t the only one experience a big change. Once you get used to your empty nest, it can become rather peaceful and easy. This transition is something you need to be intentional about so that you don’t have regrets.
Tune in to learn about the 6 easy steps you can take to help guide you through this interesting phase of your family life. Being more intentional about your relationship with your adult child is part of this transition too and you can prepare yourself better than you probably have so it’s more enjoyable and less stressful!
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Suzy’s Retreat: Get more information/register for the Becoming Bold & Brave Retreat in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on July 12 – 14, 2019. Book a free call to learn more! http://bit.ly/SuzysRetreat
- APPLY for New Coaching Program: 50 Unplugged Mastermind (Toronto Retreat included) and book a free Kick-Start Call: www.talktosuzy.com
- Episode 43: Empty Nest from the Inside Out, Interview with a Kid who Flew Away https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-43-empty-nest-from-the-inside-out-interview-with-a-kid-who-flew-away/
- Episode 98: Inner Circle Relationships https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-98-inner-circle-relationships-in-midlife/
- Episode 12: How your Expectations of Others are Making You Suffer https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/manual/
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes