What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why the menopause hormones are so confusing.
- Why it’s important to know more about a preventative approach to menopause related issues.
- What common changes are going on in your menopausal body.
- Why lack of sex drive, menopause and weight gain are popular topics for midlife women.
- Why it’s so important to talk to your doctor about your concerns, even when it’s a bit embarrassing.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Menopause is more confusing than so many midlife women expect. Today we’re talking about demystifying midlife personal parts and related issues in midlife. Specifically, this episode’s all about your vagina, menopause and more.
There are body changes galore as a woman in the middle. A doctor is with us today to share some well needed clarification and perspective.
My guest is the one and only Dr. Heather Bartos. She’s an OB-GYN and is a leading voice in the field of women’s health and wellness. She’s also the fierce founder of Badass Woman, Badass Health AND a proud creator of MindSHIFT medicine (the integration of mental, physical, and emotional health to care for the whole woman).
Fascinated by the way what we think about impacts how we feel, Dr. Bartos teaches women and their families how to thrive, no matter what their stage of life.
She is a board-certified OB-GYN, US Navy Veteran, former Associate Professor at USUHS and current Chief of Obstetrics & Gynecology at Texas Health Hospital in Denton, TX. She is currently the owner/medical director of her “village for women’s health,” Be. Women’s Health & Wellness.
Dr. Heather Bartos is featured in publications from Glamour and Huffington Post to Reader’s Digest, Women’s Health and ABC News. She’s also a frequent speaker and writer on all areas of women’s health and her practice of MindSHIFT Medicine.
Dr. Bartos believes that rather than empower women to take control of their health, our pharma-heavy culture teaches that there’s a test, a diagnosis, and a pill or treatment to fix whatever ails you. The bottom line: We’re taught to receive medicine instead of creating better health for ourselves.
This episode will help you get more perspective on what’s going on in your beautiful midlife body so you can ask better questions and know more in general. And you might even crack a smile and laugh out loud.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
Connect with Dr. Heather Bartos:
Website: Head over to www.HeatherBartosMD.com to learn more Dr. Bartos’s Badass Woman, Badass Health movement
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Book your FREE Kick Start Call to explore the 50 Unplugged Mastermind: www.talktosuzy.com
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- New Midlife Membership: https://suzyrosenstein.com/membership/ Get on the waiting list! Launching in September 2019!
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes