What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How a feminist perspective can help you become even more aware of the ways you think about your body.
- Why the thoughts you grow up thinking don’t only come from your parents.
- How you can surprise yourself with awareness of how your own thoughts about your body don’t always line up with your personal values.
- Why it’s important to understand how socialization affects your thinking.
- How it’s so common for women to romanticize youth.
- Why it’s useful to notice your thoughts about aging because they are optional and can cause pain and discontent.
- What it means to live in a fat-phobic society.
- Why it’s critical to focus on what’s possible, no matter your age or stage.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
A woman aging in today’s society has many thoughts about her own beauty and self image that are due to societal messaging.
Cursing and Language Warning: More than a few “F bombs” are dropped on today’s episode. You may NOT want to listen to this episode with others, or you may choose to skip this episode if you find cursing offensive. If you don’t care, then you’re in the right place.
The week’s episode introduces you to someone who has an important perspective to share about feminism and self image in midlife.
Kara Loewentheil is a Master Certified Coach and Host of the UnF*ck Your Brain Podcast. Three years ago she did what every Jewish parent dreams of for their child: She left her legal career running a think tank to become a life coach. Now she teaches feminist women how to undo the effects of patriarchy in their brains and create true authentic confidence from inside. She has grown her coaching business from zero to seven figures in the last 3 years, and is passionate about teaching women how to overcome anxiety and self-doubt so they can take on the world.
Get ready! We’re digging in about feminism, aging, body changes, aging, self confidence, self loathing, thought work, self acceptance, patriarchy, stereotypes, stigma, weight, lizards and more. Yes…lizards.
Kara also shares her three top tips to love your body, even in its older and wiser glory. You will laugh and you will think. What’s better than that?
Enjoy the interview!
Featured on the Show:
- Episode 34: Expect the unexpected when you have an empty nest, lizards and all https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-34-expect-the-unexpected-when-you-have-an-empty-nest-lizards-and-all/
- How my Midlife Passion Project got me into the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) https://suzyrosenstein.com/blog/midlife-moma/
Connect with Kara Loewentheil:
- UnF*ck Your Brain Podcast: https://unfckyourbrain.com/
Connect with Suzy:
- NEW! Apply for the 50 Unplugged Mastermind: https://suzyrosenstein.com/50-unplugged-mastermind/
- Book your FREE 10 min exploration call: www.talktosuzy.com
- Join my FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity/
- Free Insight Session: https://suzyrosenstein.com/free-mini-insight-consult-session
- FREE ebook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk/
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes