What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What it feels like to realize you’re actually a grown-up.
- What it’s like to look around and realize you’re the oldest woman in the group or class.
- When you notice you’re a bit resistant to do something that you actually want to do.
- How even when you consider yourself a strong person, you can still notice yourself being fearful and hesitant about surprising things.
- When you’re more afraid of doing something stupid than actually doing the “thing.”
- What it’s like to feel like you’re a little girl and want someone to “save” you.
- How the feelings of overwhelm and fear can get in the way of you doing what you want.
- What it’s like to “catch” the thoughts getting in your way and what you can do about it.
- When you finally feel like a grown ass woman!
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Welcome to the one-year birthday episode of The Women in the Middle Podcast! To celebrate this growth, we’re taking a deep dive into how it actually feels to be a grown ass woman!
First, thank you so much for connecting with and listening to the Women in the Middle! This podcast wouldn’t be a “thing” without you and your support. Please continue to send me email and connect with me about more topics you want to hear and explore. I love your feedback and can’t wait to celebrate the next milestone with you as well!
Today’s episode is all about that subtle realization that you’re a grown ass woman and are more capable than you thought.
Sometimes you realize that you’re being resistant to doing something that you actually want to do. It may not make sense. Maybe it seems hard or scary. You notice you don’t want to do it.
But you do.
You may feel like a kid. Like you’re not old enough or big enough to handle it.
But you are.
You might catch yourself wanting someone else to take over. Maybe you want to be saved…or just let off the hook.
You notice you don’t want to step up and take the lead. This can happen when it comes to doing or dealing with a variety of things. All people wouldn’t react the same way…but you notice you’re hesitant or resistant.
Thoughts create feelings and feelings drive your behavior. We take a look at what’s going on in your brain to create this result for yourself…and how to become the grown ass woman that you are!
Curious why it’s often a surprise when you realize you’re a grown ass woman? Don’t miss this episode to find out!
Featured on the show:
Places to visit in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
- Kangaroos: http://kangaroocreekfarm.com/
- Wine: http://www.missionhillwinery.com/
- Goat Cheese: http://www.carmelisgoatcheese.com/
- Lavender: http://www.okanaganlavender.com/
Enter the 50 Unplugged Contest! If you or someone you know is turning 50 in 2018, check out the 50 Unplugged Contest at SuzyRosenstein.com/50unpluggedcontest and enter! Great Prizes!
Coach with Suzy:
- Here’s how to book your Free Insight Session: https://suzyrosenstein.com/free-mini-insight-consult-session
- Grab your FREE eBook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes