What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What it’s like to have a drastic empty nest experience after all your kids leave, including triplets.
- What it’s like to realize that your childhood dance training gave you teaching skills you never appreciated.
- How an empty nest can quiet down your life so you finally have the space to think about your own personal goals.
- How saying yes to opportunities can open doors to even more opportunities.
- How simply thinking about what else there is out there for you can help you find what you’re looking for.
- How having too many great options can make it hard to come to a decision if you let it.
- How resisting the urge to push your thoughts away can actually change your life.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week’s Getting Real with Women in the Middle interview features Carol Molko, a talented, busy mom who discovered her career path again when she had an empty nest. Her nest emptied out in a drastic way too because she had four children really close in age; in fact, three of them were triplets.
Back in the day, Carol went to university and got a job related to her degree. Everything changed quickly, however, after she had triplets. With four children under two years old, she made the decision to stay home and be a full time mom.
Her path to rediscovering herself over the years was an interesting one. Carol didn’t realize that her childhood dance passion would be an important part of reconnecting with herself. Dancing turned into musical theater, which turned into choreography and then teaching. In fact, Carol’s my own tap dancing teacher right now.
There were other interesting twists and turns as Carol gradually had more time to think about what else was out there for her. Ultimately, she couldn’t resist pushing herself to believe in herself as she continued to say “yes” with each opportunity that presented itself.
For years, Carol actually cringed when people asked her what she did for a living. Now, she’s proud to share all of the things she does and the career path she crafted even after triplets, and even after her giant empty nest.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the show:
- Contact Carol Molko for Editing:
- Vibe Dance Studio: https://register.vibestudio.ca/
- The Toronto Heschel School: https://torontoheschel.org/
Coach with Suzy:
- Join my Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity/
- Talk to Suzy: Free Insight Session: https://suzyrosenstein.com/free-mini-insight-consult-session
- Get excited about the amazing new year-long Mastermind: 50 Unplugged MasterMind! Information coming soon! If you’re interested, get on my mailing list so you hear all the news! Download the FREE eBook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes