What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How empty nest can open the door to re-designing your home.
- How you can find happiness in unexpected places when your kids leave, including with your new found space.
- Why thinking about how you want to feel in your home can involve paint color.
- Why it’s important to ask yourself if your home is working for you because of the way you’ve designed and organized it.
- How to have a lot of fun thinking about what to do with that empty bedroom.
- How to re-examine your thinking around how you live and use your home.
- Why it’s important to think of your home as something that can actually nurture you.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Your home and the way you feel in it is so important. Empty nest can shake things up in your life, especially the way you relate to your home. This week’s episode features another interview in the Weekly Wow Series, where you meet an amazing guest who shares some cool information with you!
This week, I’m thrilled to welcome Tobi Fairley to the podcast. She’s a woman in the middle who’s a successful designer and coach. Her award-winning interior design, product design and ideas have been featured on television and in publications worldwide, including House Beautiful, Veranda, Traditional Home, Huffington Post, HGTV and more!
Tobi talks about creative ways to use the extra space that pops up after your kids fly the coop and you have an empty nest. When you start to look at your house differently, as a way that can support and serve you, rather than pine away for the way things used to be when your kids were home, it’s easy to see that the sky really is the limit.
You can create a multi-purpose space for YOU, something like a “she shed,” if you like. You can think carefully about all the things you’ve always wanted to do or do better and create a space that really works for you…so much so that you don’t even remember those kids who left, lol. Just kidding, but you get the point.
Re-designing and re-envisioning your space in the home you’ve worked so hard for can be a super fun opportunity to shine a light on your wants and wishes. Your space can be a reflection of your effort to live more intentionally.
Being open minded about the opportunities available now that you’re an empty nester can be one of the most exciting ways to enjoy this new phase of your life!
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Tobi Fairley’s freebie, Design You Blueprint: https://tobifairley.com/freebie/
- Design You Program: https://tobifairley.com/designyou/
- Design You Podcast: https://tobifairley.com/podcast/
- The Life Coach School: www.thelifecoachschool.com
- Suzy’s Beaded Wire Work: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/WiredUpNaturally
- Solar Powered Fountain Pump for the Bird Bath: https://www.amazon.ca/Ankway-Fountain-Standing-Watering-Submersible/dp/B013LCI5J6
Connect with Suzy:
- New Coaching Program: 50 Unplugged Mastermind: https://suzyrosenstein.com/50-unplugged-mastermind/ | www.talktosuzy.com
- Join my Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity/
Talk to Suzy:
- Free Insight Session: https://suzyrosenstein.com/free-mini-insight-consult-session
- FREE ebook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk: https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk/
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes