What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What a midlife wake-up call looks like.
- What a wake-up call feels like.
- How to take the important next steps when you get a wake-up call.
- How wake-up calls can seem obvious but still be surprising.
- Why milestone birthdays, like turning 50, can really shake you up.
- The five most common types of wake-up calls.
- How wake-calls can help you make better decisions and connect with what’s important to you.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week’s episode is all about a common occurrence in midlife – getting a wake-up call. We’re going to be talking about what a wake-up call looks like, what a wake-up call feels like, why it’s important to listen to your wake-up call, and how to take the important next steps when a wake-up call has your name on it.
Wake-up calls are kind of mysterious. They don’t look the same. They are different for everyone. And you usually don’t know they’re coming. But they’re pretty loud when you get one.
Join us as we review the five main categories for most wake-up calls:
- Still Not Done
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People
- Job Loss
- Giant Life Event
A wake-up call is a part of life. Big things happen and you react to them. But what makes a wake-up call unique is they way it shakes you up. You start questioning things. You often take action to re-prioritize aspects of your life. A wake-up call can pack a powerful punch. What’s great about them though, is the way they can help you move yourself out of complacency to focus on what’s really important so you don’t have regrets.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Check out the white water rafting trip I took in the Grand Canyon (6 day): Western River Expeditions https://www.westernriver.com/grand-canyon-rafting
- Turning 50? Enter the 50 Unplugged Contest! www.suzyrosenstein.com/50unpluggedcontest
- Ready to get WAKE UP? Connect with Suzy:
- Here’s how to book your Free Insight Session: https://suzyrosenstein.com/free-mini-insight-consult-session
- Grab your FREE eBook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org