What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why bringing a dog into your family can be great when you have an empty nest.
- How your relationship with your dog can help with loneliness and sadness.
- What some of the powerful research findings are regarding pets and people.
- How a dog can help bring some welcomed commotion back into your quiet household.
- The important things to consider when you’re thinking about welcoming an empty nest dog.
- How a dog can help fill the void between when your kids leave home and when they come back as parents themselves.
- How the unconditional love from a dog can be just what you need when your kids leave the nest.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week’s episode is all about the wonderful option of getting an “empty nest dog” to help fill the void when your kids leave home. We’re going to be taking a close look at why this is an awesome idea for many people and also why it’s important for you to become aware of your thoughts about your desired lifestyle before you make this decision.
Making the transition from life with kids at home to life once they’re all moved out can sometimes be a bit of a bumpy ride. There can be some sadness and loneliness thrown in here and there as well. It’s definitely a phase that can be difficult for many.
One way to ease the emptiness can be the addition of a fuzzy canine companion to your family. Relationships between pets and people, especially dogs, have been scientifically shown to be quite beneficial for your health in many ways.
Many empty nesters also find that having a dog as part of the family can be a huge help when it comes to easing into and actually enjoying the transition. Tune in to this episode to learn about the common thoughts, feelings, pro’s and cons associated with the whole topic. Finally, we’ll take a humorous look at whether it’s actually possible to fill the void left by your kids with a furry friend.
Don’t miss this episode!
- Article by Sidney Stevens, in Mother Nature Network: https://www.mnn.com/family/pets/stories/11-studies-that-prove-pets-are-good-your-health
- DeeDee the Quaker Parrot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kqxZvO3Odc
- Pedigree: Child Replacement Programme in New Zealand: www.replacethem.co.nz/#1/
Coach with Suzy:
- Here’s how to book your Free Insight Session: https://suzyrosenstein.com/free-mini-insight-consult-session
- Grab your FREE eBook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes