What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Feeling Stuck:
- Why getting unstuck has everything to do with your thoughts.
- Why being stuck is a choice.
- How thinking about how you can help others can help you get unstuck.
- Why certain types of feelings can actually keep you stuck.
- Why the responsibility to unstuck yourself is yours.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Feeling stuck in midlife can be overwhelming. The interesting thing about feeling this way is that it is confusing. Many of us have never been stuck like this before.
It’s easy and common to look outside of yourself for the answers. It can even feel like your stuckness is out of control.
But like everything in life, your feelings are created by your thoughts. Being stuck and feeling stuck is actually a choice, even though it doesn’t really feel that way.
This isn’t the only confusing thing about feeling stuck. It’s also surprising to understand the impact of thinking about how what won’t happen as a result of you staying stuck can be even more compelling than the way you probably think about it now, which is more focused on yourself. Lots of examples are shared to give this idea greater context and help you reframe your own thoughts of being stuck.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
Ep #159: Stories that keep you stuck: https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-159-stories-that-keep-you-stuck-in-midlife/
Ep #90: 9 Secrets to get unstuck in midlife: https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-90-9-secrets-to-get-unstuck-in-midlife/
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Join the Finally First Club! https://suzyrosenstein.com/membership/
- Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! I invite you to apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes