What You’ll Learn from this Episode about How to Get to Know your Midlife Sexual Self:
- Why libido, intimacy and sex can be big issues in midlife.
- How Sonia found her passion by helping others find theirs.
- Why it’s important to think about your sexual self in midlife as a separate phase of your identity and how it can even be seen as a loss before you shift into redefining the new you.
- Why thinking about intimacy and sex in midlife can be seen as opportunity to think about who you’re going to be.
- Why “To Do List Sex” has everything to do with efficiency instead of intimacy or “For You Sex.”
- Why it’s important to understand the “pleasure gap” and what pleasure means to you.
- Why exploring and understanding your anatomy is a great idea.
- Why the responsibility for your sexuality is yours.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Sex seems to be a hot topic no matter your age. This is especially true in midlife for many reasons. Things like empty nest and menopause add even more layers to understanding this topic for sure.
Our guest today is Dr. Sonia Wright, a board-certified radiologist, a sexual counselor and a life coach. She’s on a mission to help women embrace their sexuality as well as end the emotional pain and isolation associated with sexual difficulties. She believes wholeheartedly that all women deserve to experience pleasurable sexual intimacy.
Sonia talks about all kinds of things that might make you squirm. It’s surprising how uncomfortable midlife women can be with this whole topic but also how important it is that we talk about it. She encourages women to not only take ownership of intimacy and our bodies, but also get more comfortable about using words for the female anatomy, like Vulva, for example. She reminds us that lube is everything.
You’re going to love hearing Sonia’s fresh take on this common topic and problem. She emphasizes that it’s important to ask questions and no matter your age, that it’s your right to enjoy pleasure. She also shares the importance of embracing responsibility for being more intentional about your sexual health. Consider it an adventure and have fun!
Enjoy this episode!
NOTE: explicit language
Featured on the Podcast:
Connect with Dr. Sonia, The Midlife Sex Coach:
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Join the Finally First Club! https://suzyrosenstein.com/membership/
- Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! I invite you to apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes