What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s important to understand boredom in midlife.
- Why boredom is common during the pandemic but also common for midlife women.
- What it can mean for you to understand that your thinking creates your emotions like being bored.
- How boredom might be positive sometimes and how to capitalize on it.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today’s episode is all about the beauty and curse of midlife boredom.
Being bored is common for women in the middle. Boredom might have been coming up for you on the regular, even without the pandemic, but the situation with COVID-19 is definitely shining a big spotlight on it for many women our age.
Your normal life has been affected. You can’t do what you’ve been doing on a daily basis for years. But the pandemic isn’t responsible for all of the boredom in the world these days.
It’s common for midlife women to feel bored about lots of things including long term jobs, long term relationships and not having enough interesting things to do. Feeling lack of control can also be a problem.
When you remember that your thoughts create feelings like boredom, you’re empowered to take back control over your emotional well-being. And, there are some positive aspects to boredom that you can take advantage of when you’re open to exploring your thoughts and beliefs about how to spend your time.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Show:
50 Unplugged Mastermind
Suzy’s Empty Nest Blog, The Call for Calm, Even Now
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes