What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s important to understand your need for physical, personal and emotional space.
- Why it’s important to understand the power of your mindset around being stuck at home vs.being safe at home.
- What it can mean for you to understand that your thinking creates your emotions.
- Four main things to consider when your space is your final frontier at home.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today’s episode is all about the importance of having more space in midlife. You’ll learn four specific things to consider when you really want to change your personal, physical and/or emotional space in your home.
For sure, you probably feel stuck at home during the restrictions and orders to stay at home during COVID-19. It’s important to notice how you feel when you think about anything, especially this during such a trying time. There’s a big difference when you compare these two thoughts: being stuck at home vs. being safe at home.
Your mindset is a huge part of this whole topic. The way you use your space in your home can have a huge impact on your emotional well-being. If you don’t have the space you need or want, you have to ask yourself why that is.
The thing is that your thoughts might actually surprise you. So many midlife women think it’s indulgent to focus on yourself in midlife. This can come up when you’re living with more people than normal in your home during the pandemic. You can also notice this feeling at just about any point in midlife. Super common.
The challenge is to change your thoughts and feelings or you won’t make any progress about moving up the list and finally focusing on what’s important to you. Space can be a really uncomfortable thing to want, even thought you want it. You have to really understand what you want and why.
Your space can absolutely be symbolic of your ability to live midlife on purpose.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn what you need to consider when your space is your final frontier. Please enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Show:
Suzy’s Empty Nest Blog, The Call for Calm, Even Now
Women in the Middle Podcast: Designing your Home after your Empty Nest, Interview with Tobi Fairley
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes