EP #243: Mind Drama & Senior Discounts in Midlife
What You’ll Learn About Mind Drama & Senior Discounts in Midlife after 50:
- Why you might have mind drama over senior discounts in midlife.
- Why it’s important to be aware of your thoughts about aging and the word “senior” when it comes to senior discounts and more.
- How your thoughts and feelings about aging can be confusing.
- Why all discounts are not created equal and why a discount for being a senior may be loaded.
- Why it’s important to notice your thoughts and how they make you feel.
- Why you should check in with yourself about whether or not you like your reasons for thinking a certain way.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
It’s common to have some mind drama about the first time you’re offered a senior discount in midlife. It can surprise you and throw you for a loop.
Today’s episode helps you understand why you may not respond the same way to receiving senior discounts as you do to receiving other discounts. You likely think you’re too young for a senior discount. But, someone may offer you a senior discount on the spot while you’re cashing out at the register and you may have mixed feelings about it.
Three reasons mind drama and senior discounts may be a weird and perhaps uncomfortable situation for you are explored.
It’s a great opportunity to notice your thoughts and feelings about aging and being offered a senior discount; then you can take a moment to decide whether or not you like your reasons. This new awareness is another way to help set yourself up for being more intentional and having more happiness in midlife.
Please enjoy this episode!
Featured in this Episode:
Download Suzy’s FREE guide: Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions
Ep 225: Having Fun with Thoughts About Aging and Your Aging Body with Dr. Heather Bartos: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-225-having-fun-with-thoughts-about-aging-your-aging-body-with-dr-heather-bartos/
Ep 207: Lessons My Dog Taught Me About Aging: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-207-lessons-my-dog-taught-me-about-aging/
Ep 178: A Candid and Humorous Look at Aging with Joan Lunden: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-178-a-candid-humorous-look-at-aging-with-joan-lunden/
Connect with Suzy
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who are ready to create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll take it from there.
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback: email@example.com