What You’ll Learn during this Candid and Humorous Conversation about Aging Well with Joan Lunden:
- Why aging can still be so awkward and difficult to talk about in midlife.
- Why thinking about aging through the lens of mind, body and soul is important.
- How being in the sandwich generation can be a uniquely challenging part of midlife.
- How getting to know your bladder really well in midlife is a great idea.
- How learning to overcome fear can lead to incredible career fulfillment.
- How you can learn to age well.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Joan Lunden stops by the podcast today to talk about her new book, Why Did I Come Into This Room? What followed was an incredibly candid and hilarious conversation about aging and aging well. What a treat!
Joan’s has such an interesting life. An award-winning journalist, bestselling author, motivational speaker, and women’s health & wellness advocate, she has been a trusted voice in American homes for more than 30 years. Women in the Middle like us pretty much grew up feeling connected in some way to Joan Lunden.
For nearly two decades, Joan was a part of so many homes as she greeted viewers each morning on Good Morning America bringing insight to the day’s top stories. As the longest running female host ever on early morning television, Joan reported from 26 countries, covered five presidents, five Olympics, and kept Americans up to date on how to care for their homes, their families, and their health.
In the book, and in the interview, Joan discusses personal aging stories (some are embarrassing and really funny), bucket lists, bladder issues, being a cancer survivor, having seven kids (including two sets of twins!) as well the science of what happens to a woman’s body as she ages. Perfect for us midlife gals who love to think about aging well, developing a great mindset and sharing lots of hilarious midlife moments.
I know you’re going to enjoy this special episode with Joan Lunden!
Featured on the Podcast:
- Connect with Joan Lunden: https://joanlunden.com/
- Joan Lunden’s Book: Why Did I Come into this Room: A Candid Conversation about Aging
- Ep 172, Women in the Middle Podcast: Midlife Stories on Purpose
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, heIp you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. iamfinallyfirst.com
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes