EP #207: Lessons My Dog Taught Me About Aging
What You’ll Learn in this Episode about Lessons My Dog Taught Me about Aging.
- What my dog taught me about aging.
- Why my dog’s jowls seem adorable but mine aren’t.
- How you can learn about unconditional love from your dog.
- How your sense of time urgency in midlife can also relate to your dog.
- Why living in the present moment can help with time urgency in midlife.
- Why your relationship with your dog can be incredibly significant.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Your dog can teach you many life lessons, especially about aging in midlife. I always knew the relationships with my dogs over the years were significant, but I didn’t really understand the whole extent.
Through loving my dog (yes, that’s him on the podcast art), I realized several significant insights. Unconditional love is one of the most intense and life changing emotional experiences you can share with your dog. But there’s more; you can also learn to understand the way you’re more compassionate with body parts and age-related changes when it’s about your dog. Interestingly, when the same change is about you, you typically don’t feel as compassionate.
Tune in today to learn the four main lessons my dog taught me about life, love, compassion and the importance of staying present in midlife and beyond.
I know you’re going to enjoy this episode!
Related Episodes and Resources:
Follow Niko the Newf on Facebook and Instagram: @NikotheNewf
Episode52: Is it Time for an Empty Nest Dog?:
Episode 182: Why Pets are Good for your Health in Midlife and Beyond with Dr. Margit Muller
Want to do what you love? Free download: https://suzyrosenstein.com/passionproject50/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? You can have in-depth, personal support by coaching together. Apply to work together where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life! CLICK HERE to apply.
- Ready to get Clear on your Career? Apply for the 13 week, online coaching program, Clear on Career, for midlife women who want more! APPLY & Get Clear.
- Join The Finally First Club: This is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the coaching concepts in your everyday life and most importantly, am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get unstuck and find the clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join now!
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org