Something isn't quite right with you. You've been feeling it for awhile now, but it was hard to put your finger on. Maybe you've been at the same job for a really long time and need a change; perhaps you've had a milestone birthday. Maybe you or someone close to you had a serious illness. Whatever the case, you know something feels different and you have to take the feeling seriously.
Here are 12 signs that you need a change. It’s time to hit the refresh button on your life.
1. You feel stuck. Plain and simple. You just can’t seem to figure out what’s going on with you and what changes you need to make to move forward.
2. You feel like something’s missing. You might be thinking, “is this really all there is?” You have a sense that you’re supposed to be doing something more or experience something deeper in your life.
3. You’re just not happy. You may even find it hard to admit that you’re not happy, because everything looks great on paper. But the truth is, you’re not. It’s not that you’re sad…it’s just that you’re not content.
4. You’re tired of the fear of the unknown. You keep getting glimmers of hope for change, ideas for what you might like to try to do but your immediate feeling is fear. You’re older now and you’re feeling that it’s harder to deal with the unknown.
5. You don’t know what you want. As odd as it is, you’re so decisive and clear about many other aspects of your life but now, at this age and stage, you just don’t know what you want. Try as you might, you’re struggling with making decisions about what steps to take next.
6. You want a life you can get excited about. This is one thought that keeps trying to creep into your mind…you really want something more, something that will energize you and really inspire you to the core again, like the way things did when you were much younger.
7. You feel like you’re wasting time. You realize that you’ve had this vague feeling of being stuck and unhappy now for months, maybe even years. You can’t believe that much time has gone by and you’ve made little or no progress sorting all of this out. You can’t help but feel that you’re wasting your valuable time not knowing, not changing, not trying, not moving on to your next chapter with gusto.
8. You’re crazy busy. When did your life get this out-of-control busy that you really had no time to think? You realize that you’re running all of the time – so much so that it feels like you’re skimming through your days, not fully experiencing anything.
9. You wish you could make a change. You fantasize about making something big happen. You even get a small taste of that wonderful feeling of exuberance, as you look forward to that exciting “next thing.” But…it’s such a far away feeling. You can’t really believe in it yet.
10. You’re confused. You can’t even remember that many times in your life when you couldn’t think clearly the way you can’t right now. It’s so strange because it’s your life! And you know yourself better than anyone else. Yet, you’re bewildered.
11. You feel like life’s passing you by. Sometimes you forget how old you are, and when you remember, you really can’t believe it. How could you be this old? How could your kids be as old as they are? Where did the time go? And more importantly, you’ve started to think about whether or not you have accomplished what you thought you would have accomplished by now. The answer is definitely “no.”
12. You’re afraid of having regrets. You’ve found yourself thinking that if you don’t make some changes, you may actually have regrets about what you didn’t do, didn’t try, didn’t start, didn’t stop. You know you would give your child or best friend definite advice about this – to go for it! You hear “you only live once” over and over in your head. You know you don’t want to live with regrets but you’re not clear about how to take the first steps.
How many of these signs resonate with you?
I’m sure it’s no surprise that you’re not alone. And, I’m sure it’s also no surprise that these thoughts and feelings are quite common as we age, especially in our midlife transition years.
I’ve got great news.
I just launched a new Mini Coaching Package that’s all about YOU making a commitment to put yourself first, find out what’s missing in your life and understand exactly what you want to do about it. It’s called a BREATH of REFRESH. The focus is on your priorities and your plans. Because you deserve it.
After finishing the BREATH of REFRESH Package, you’ll have the skills you need to get clear about what you want your next chapter to look like, start taking action and create a life you can get excited about. And the best news is, it’s only $99.
It’s time for you to take a BREATH of REFRESH. Click here to learn more! www.suzyrosenstein.com/refresh