What You’ll Learn from this Episode about your Empty Nest New Normal:
- My personal experience with empty nest and a kid leaving for university.
- The questions you should ask yourself about how you feel about your empty nest.
- How the thoughts you are thinking affect your current situation in life.
- My tips to help satisfy your need to grow and create a life you’ve been dreaming of.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
The new empty nest normal…your kid is out the door, settling in at college…
Now, that you’re in your home without him or her, are you standing there bewildered and lost feeling sorry for yourself, or are you congratulating yourself for a job well done with a smile on your face?
Does it feel like a midlife crisis?
Are you curious how your empty nest situation will play out? Are you thinking about how you will spend your newly found freedom of having fewer kid-related responsibilities or are you just completely confused and miserable about who you are without a kid at home, wondering how you’ll fill your time when your kids aren’t around?
Is the glass half empty or half full?
On this episode, we talk all about being an empty nester and whether the glass is empty or half full when your kids leave the nest. We’ll also go into how your perspective on this next milestone can really affect how you adjust to the new normal. I explain how being more mindful of your thoughts around your current situation can help you make your transition into this new phase fun and exciting. Plus, I show you how you can take the first steps to creating a life you love.
Featured on the Show:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!