What You’ll Learn from this Episode About Advice from America to Find the Meaning of Life with Imran Nuri in Midlife:
- What getting advice from America is like, specifically from 1000 people to find the meaning of life.
- How a new journey can help you figure out the meaning of life.
- Why the meaning of life might just be to experience life fully.
- How volunteering can be an impactful and important way to develop life-changing skills and insights.
- How a quarter-life crisis can be the motivation to look more intentionally for what you want to do next.
- How discomfort with talking to strangers was the motivation to talk to and get advice from 1000 strangers.
- Why asking yourself the question, “What would you do with your life if you only had one year left?” can be life-changing.
- Why using an old film camera was an important part of this book project, including staying present.
- Why asking people about what you know now that you wish you had known earlier is a great way to prompt them to share their experiences.
- What it’s like to live in your car for 84 days while on a cross-country road trip like this.
- Why you can experience a kind of burnout as a result of all of the digital access growing up as a Gen Z/ Millenial kid.
- How the messages “life isn’t good all the time” and the importance of “enjoying every moment” were consistent themes during the interviews.
- Why allowing yourself to be who you really are is an important recurring theme of advice for regret-proofing your life.
- How your feeling of confidence can grow from new experiences like this journey.
- Why the messages and images from this project can really bring people closer together.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Want to know the meaning of life? You’ll love my guest this week, the creator of the new book ADVICE FROM AMERICA: Life Advice and Photos of 1,000 Strangers from 48 States.
His name is Imran Nuri and he’s a 25-year-old fine art photographer and storyteller. Essentially, he embarked on a huge project to discover and share the meaning of life.
That’s how Imran thinks about his journey. His project involved soliciting life advice from strangers in 48 states. He drove 15,000 miles, slept in his car, photographed strangers, and had a meaningful & amazing time!
Imran came to the conclusion that the meaning of life is to experience life fully…the good, the bad, and the in-between.
In this episode, Imran summarizes his project, the experience, his insights, and the three ways to experience this amazing work yourself.
I can’t wait for you to hear his unique story and message about creativity, imagination, unity, and how to make sure you don’t live with regrets. It’s powerful stuff! Please enjoy this episode.
Connect with Imran Nuri
Website and information about how to buy the book: AdviceFromAmerica.com
The book is called ADVICE FROM AMERICA: Life Advice and Photos of 1,000 Strangers from 48 States by Imran Nuri.
Instagram: https://instagram.com/nuristudios /
Free Passion Project Worksheet: https://suzyrosenstein.com/passionproject50/
Podcast Episode 278: How to Get Unstuck and Find Your Dreams in Midlife: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-278-how-to-get-unstuck-find-your-dreams-in-midlife/
Connect with Suzy
NEW PODCAST: Women in the Middle® Entrepreneurs: Are you a 50+ woman business owner or entrepreneur who’s dealing with navigating classic midlife issues that are affecting the way you run your business? We’re looking to interview guests just like you from a wide variety of different businesses! Apply now: www.midlifeinterviews.com
Work With Me: The Women in the Middle® Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a signature six-month, online group coaching program and community for midlife women, especially entrepreneurs, who know they’re meant for more, are ready to create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most successful, free and fun version of themselves! You’ll create a new Midlife Operating System™ that will support that way you grow forward to more freedom, peace, and balance. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com and apply and book your free call; it’s a fun, no-obligation “MOMENTUM CALL” and we’ll see how I can help you find what’s missing so that you love your life again.
Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.