What You’ll Learn from this Episode About DNA Discoveries & Surprises in Midlife:
- What it’s like to discover a DNA surprise in midlife.
- What it’s like to notice that you’re different and don’t fit in in childhood and wonder why.
- What it’s like to grow up being treated like the neighbor’s kid and then find out that you are the neighbor’s kid.
- When you realize that the dad you grew up with may not have even known that he wasn’t your biological father.
- What it’s like to deal with the deception around family matters like this.
- What it’s like to experience something life-changing and complex like this.
- How learning this identity information can be both traumatic and liberating.
- How having this information leads to a variety of interesting decisions to be made.
- Why it’s critical to take care of yourself when you’re experiencing something like this.
- Why it’s important to decide how you want to proceed once you discover this kind of information.
- How it’s still possible to live peacefully after you have a DNA discovery in your life.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Today’s podcast episode is about the effect of a DNA surprise and discovery in midlife.
Each of my two guests found out in midlife that the father who raised them was not their biological father. As you can imagine, this is the type of discovery that is life-changing.
My guest, Connie, describes her childhood as always feeling different and never fitting in. She sensed that something didn’t make sense in her family. She had a full life career as a teacher in Ontario but made the decision to fulfill her lifelong dream of being a chef once she retired. Connie is now a qualified chef, culinary educator, and host of Farm to Fork on Rogers TV. She is also a mom and a grandmom and is happy with her lot in life.
Judy Ben-Asher is also my guest today. She is an expert in DNA Discovery/DNA Surprise. She is also a certified NLP Practitioner, certified in Integrative Nutrition and 5 Element Theory, and an expert Mindset Coach.
While working on a documentary about healing, Judy discovered she was not related to the father she had known and was a caretaker of. As a result, she experienced Identity Level Trauma® and has made it her mission to help others navigate with more ease, calm, and simplicity the crazy ripple effect this discovery has.
Judy now works with people who have gone through or are going through a DNA Discovery so they can manage the ripple effect of finding out they are not who they think they are.
Judy was even interviewed by Oprah about their shared experience with DNA Discovery and the topic of forgiveness.
She has also appeared several times on NPR and has an upcoming podcast, TruthSeeker® Healing DNA Discovery, where they discuss DNA Discovery and how to navigate getting surprising DNA test results.
I think you might be surprised about parts of these stories. You’ll learn a lot for sure and also have more perspective if you or someone you know goes through this experience or a similar one.
WITM Podcast: Ep 82: Midlife Reflections on Adoption and Assisted Reproduction with Dr. Michael Grand https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-82-midlife-reflections-on-adoption-assisted-reproduction-with-dr-michael-grand/
WITM Podcast: Ep 240: The Decision to Create Your Life and Tell Your Story in Midlife with Michele Dawson Haber https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-240-the-decision-to-create-your-life-tell-your-story-in-midlife-with-michele-dawson-haber/
Truth Seeker Wellness
Upcoming Podccast: Truth Seeker: A DNA Journey
Free Worksheet: Thought Awareness in Midlife https://suzyrosenstein.com/women-in-the-middle/
Connect with Suzy
CRUISE: Interested in getting more information about the Women in the Middle Connection Cruise in February 2024? Put “cruise” in the subject line and send an email to email@example.com
PODCAST CLUB: Are you a midlife woman who loves listening to the Women in the Middle Podcast? Listeners are invited to continue the podcast conversation monthly and directly with Suzy on Zoom! You also get a monthly worksheet to help you apply what you’re learning on the podcast. Monthly membership, cancel any time. Become a Founding Member at only $6 per month! JOIN NOW!
NEW PODCAST: Women in the Middle® Entrepreneurs: Are you a 50+ woman business owner or entrepreneur who’s dealing with navigating classic midlife issues that are affecting the way you run your business? We’re looking to interview guests just like you from a wide variety of different businesses! Apply now: www.midlifeinterviews.com
WORK WITH ME: The Women in the Middle® Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a signature six-month, online group coaching program and community for midlife women, that provides a roadmap to help you go from being unclear about what you want to be crystal clear about how to create a more fun, meaningful and regret free next chapter! Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com and apply and book your free call. We’ll see how I can help you find what’s missing so that you love your life after 50.
BREAKTHROUGH COACHING CALL: Imagine having a private 2-hour coaching call to get some solid clarity about what’s holding you back and confident about your next steps forward! Limited spots are available so book now. Book here.
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.