What You’ll Learn from this Episode About Saying Goodbye to Chronic Dieting & Hello to Listening to your Body in Midlife with Lisa Salisbury:
- What it’s like to focus on weight loss and meal planning in midlife.
- What the experience of growing up thinking about weight loss, even as an athlete.
- What it’s like to deal with the constant pressure of weight loss throughout life.
- What it’s like to have adult males in positions of authority comment on your weight over the years.
- What it’s like to worry about losing weight most of your life.
- What it was like to go through a phase of being obsessed with weighing, measuring & calculating food as a mom of young children.
- What it’s like to learn how to check in with your body and your actual hunger.
- Why understanding what overeating really is and how important it is to your weight loss journey.
- What the “clean plate club” can mean for midlife today, especially with “portion distortion.”
- Why understanding the difference between emotional hunger and physical hunger will help you lose weight.
- How to think about meal planning in a way that is motivating.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Today’s podcast episode is about saying goodbye to chronic dieting & hello to listening to your body with Lisa Salisbury. This is a topic that so many women in the middle can relate to.
My guest today is Lisa Salisbury.
Lisa’s a life coach for health and weight loss. She’s also a former chronic dieter who went from counting and calculating all the food to listening to her body and maintaining a natural healthy weight.
Lisa works with women who are ready to learn how to cut their cravings and stop emotional eating. It all starts with thinking about food differently and eating and thinking intentionally. A lot of attention is focused on why you’re eating when you’re not hungry, which is the key to so much of your weight loss journey.
Lisa has so much to share. As she says, implement what you hear and you’ll drop your diet obsession and those extra pounds.
I know you’re going to get so much from this episode. Please enjoy! Please note: The information shared in this podcast is intended for your convenience, entertainment, and education and isn’t geared to your personal situation; it’s not a replacement for care or advice from your own medical professional. So as always, you may have some things you want to follow up on so please seek a suitable professional to advise you on your personal situation.
Contact Lisa Salisbury
Go-to meals guide https://podcast.wellwithlisa.com/meals
Suzy’s Interview on Eat Well, Think Well, Be Well Podcast
Free Worksheet: Thought Awareness in Midlife https://suzyrosenstein.com/women-in-the-middle/
Connect with Suzy
CRUISE: Interested in getting more information about the Women in the Middle Connection Cruise in February 2024? Only one to two spots left. Put “cruise” in the subject line and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PODCAST CLUB: Are you a midlife woman who loves listening to the Women in the Middle Podcast? Listeners are invited to continue the podcast conversation monthly and directly with Suzy on Zoom! You also get a monthly worksheet to help you apply what you’re learning on the podcast. Monthly membership, cancel any time. Become a Founding Member at only $6 per month until the end of 2023! JOIN NOW!
NEW PODCAST: Women in the Middle® Entrepreneurs: Are you a 50+ woman business owner or entrepreneur who’s dealing with navigating classic midlife issues that are affecting the way you run your business? We’re looking to interview guests just like you from a wide variety of different businesses! Apply now: www.midlifeinterviews.com
WORK WITH ME: The Women in the Middle® Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a signature six-month, online group coaching program and community for midlife women, that provides a roadmap to help you go from being unclear about what you want to be crystal clear about how to create a more fun, meaningful and regret free next chapter! Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com and apply and book your free call. We’ll see how I can help you find what’s missing so that you love your life after 50.
BREAKTHROUGH COACHING CALL: Imagine having a private 2-hour coaching call to get some solid clarity about what’s holding you back and confident about your next steps forward! Limited spots are available so book now. Book here.
Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.