Ep 267: A Bracelet, Kindness & a 70 year Journey: A Shocking Midlife Surprise
What You’ll Learn About A Bracelet, Kindness, a 70 Year Journey, and Shocking Surprises in Midlife:
- How a bracelet, kindness & a 70 year journey can lead to a shocking midlife surprise.
- How finding your passion for a hobby like a coin collecting can lead to many interesting finds.
- Why it’s impossible to fully understand who you might connect with through an online family tree.
- How kindness can lead to tremendous personal joy.
- How early parental death can leave a child always craving and coveting more information about their parents, even in midlife.
- Why being curious about your parent’s hobbies and passions can be rewarding.
- Why you’re never too old to be surprised and delighted by life.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Today’s episode is based on a personal story about a bracelet, kindness & a 70 year journey that is so surprising it’s hard to believe that it’s true. This is a personal story that happened to me in June 2022.
Today’s surprise also has to do with a significant part of my past. You may know, that I lost my birth mother in 1968 when I was 5 years old. She grew up in Rhode Island and loved spending time at the beaches.
In midlife, it’s easy to believe that you’ve seen it all and there’s not much left that can REALLY surprise you. However, the story I’m going to share today turns that idea upside down. It’s a reminder that you never know what may still happen in your life, no matter your age. Even in midlife….even after 50….There’s still plenty of time for a shocking surprise.
My special guest today is Lisa from New York, and without her kindness and sensitivity, you wouldn’t be hearing this story today.
Lisa and I are now connected because of a bracelet her father found while collecting things on the beaches of Rhode Island, where my mother grew up. You’ll hear how this story rolled out over the past 70 years, about how his passion for collecting like this ended up involving his daughter Lisa, and how Lisa ended up reaching out to me.
You’re going to love to hear this unbelievable story. I know it will touch you at a deep level too.
Please enjoy this interview and this incredibly special episode.
Featured on this episode:
Geni Website: https://www.geni.com/
Narragansett Beach: https://www.narragansettri.gov/323/Narragansett-Town-Beach
Wheat Pennies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_cent
Related Episodes & Blogs:
Connect with Suzy
Watch the free GET UNSTUCK IN MIDLIFE video training: www.midlifevideo.com.
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who know they’re meant for more and are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
Grab your free guide, Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions/
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets, and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?