What You’ll Learn from this episode about Positive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Life Coaching, and Transformation with Dr. Sasha Heinz:
- How positive psychology, developmental psychology, life coaching, and transformation relate to each other.
- What the role of positive psychology is in life coaching.
- What the role of developmental psychology is in lasting behaving your change.
- What can happen when you’re hyper-focused on a brass ring type of goal.
- How trying to understand how you can get to peace can change your life.
- How the self-help industry has changed and “hooks” and “hacks” aren’t all it takes for sustainable change.
- Why toxic positivity can be detrimental to our mental health.
- Why it is courageous to be happy.
- What the 4 P’s of a socialized mindset are and why they critical to understand how to become more intentional in your life.
- Why it’s so important for adults to transition from a socialized mindset to a self-authored mindset.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Today’s episode is all about positive psychology, developmental psychology, life coaching, and transformation. We’re going to talk about how to make sustainable changes in your life.
My guest is Dr. Sasha Heinz, a developmental psychology and mindset coach who’s an expert in positive psychology, lasting behavioral change, and the science of getting unstuck.
I was excited to have Sasha as a guest because she’s an academic who went mainstream.
Dr. Sasha Heinz received her BA from Harvard, her Ph.D. in developmental psychology from Columbia, and her Master’s in Applied Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, where she also served as a faculty member.
Sasha brings a fresh and desperately needed perspective to adult personality development. While all things “self-help” has skyrocketed in popularity in recent years, more than 60% of adults are still not high functioning in terms of their cognitive framework. With the proliferation of personal development experts, it’s more important than ever to center the conversation about growth and development in adulthood around compelling theory and research.
Sasha has based her entire career on helping clients make real transformations, giving them the tools to develop their mental fitness by facing challenges and breaking their mind’s default modes for stress, self-criticism, and anxiety.
If you love self-development, you’re going to love this interview with Sasha. Enjoy!
Featured in this Episode:
Caroline Miller, Positive Psychology Coach https://www.carolinemiller.com/
Martin Seligman’s book, Authentic Happiness
Connect with Dr. Sasha Heinz
Connect with Suzy
NEW PODCAST: Women in the Middle® Entrepreneurs: Are you a 50+ woman entrepreneur who’s actively navigating classic midlife issues and obstacles that are making it more challenging to run your business? We’re looking for interview guests just like you from a wide variety of different fields. Apply now: www.midlifeinterviews.com
The Women in the Middle® Academy (WITMA): WITMA is my signature six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who know they’re meant for more but aren’t clear how to make the changes they’re excited to make; are you ready to create a life and career on your own terms and finally have the clarity about your priorities so you don’t have regrets? This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling off like this. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com and apply and book your free call; it’s a fun, no-obligation “MOMENTUM CALL” and we’ll see how I can help you find what’s missing so that you love your life again.
Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.