What You’ll Learn from this Episode about if you Feel Old in Midlife:
- Why you sometimes feel positive about being old, and sometimes not.
- How “being old” is really a thought that creates your feelings.
- Why it’s important to reflect on the many times that you felt old when you were young.
- The difference between feeling old and thinking that you’re old.
- Five easy steps to thinking about being “old” more intentionally.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today’s episode is about feeling old in midlife. It’s important to talk about feeling old because it takes up so much emotional and intellectual real estate at this age and stage of life.
Do you remember when you first felt old? It’s funny but feeling old isn’t intrinsically positive or negative. In fact, often, when you’re young, you probably enjoyed when you felt old. But it’s a different story in midlife.
Many different things can trigger you to feel old. It’s not the same for everyone. What’s important though, is for you to understand what you’re thinking and how it’s making you feel.
This episode takes a look at when you first started to feel old and why, the difference between feeling old and thinking that you’re old, and five easy steps to help you think about feeling old (or not) in a more purposeful way.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Finally First Midlife Membership: www.iamfinallyfirst.com
- Episode 18, Chin Hair, Tweezers and You: https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/chin-hair-tweezers-you/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes