What You’ll Learn from this Episode about 3 Reasons Why you Should Act Your Shoe Size instead of your Age in Midlife:
- Three reasons why acting your shoe size instead of your age is a great idea in midlife.
- How what you think about age can affect your feelings in midlife.
- How curiosity can help you in your life.
- What being more present in your life can do for you.
- Why laughter can help you be happier and healthier.
- Why it’s important to understand that your thoughts about age are optional.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week we’re exploring why you should act your shoe size instead of your age in midlife.
Specifically, this episode is about the compelling reasons why you should consider acting more like you did when you were much younger, like your shoe size equivalent in age.
My shoe size is seven, for example. We take a look at how acting seven is dramatically different than acting 50 and what that can mean in your life.
Using the Thought Model, we see that your actual age is “neutral” and doesn’t have an emotional charge until you think something about it. Having this perspective is super helpful because you can see that you have more power and control than you think about what you think and feel.
Acting your shoe size typically means identifying more with child-like version of yourself. This isn’t the same thing as being immature. We use this perspective to see how curiosity, laughter and being present can be used intentionally in your life to bring more happiness and fulfillment.
As a woman in the middle, acting your shoe size rather than your age is a good thing!
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- The Practicing Mind, by Thomas M. Sterner https://thepracticingmind.com/
- Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/9secrets
- Women in the Middle Podcast Episode 2: Your Mindfulness Framework https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/the-model/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: 50waystocelebrate.comand on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply to work together where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life!. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Ready to get Clear on your Career? Apply for the 13 week, online coaching program, Clear on Career, for midlife women who want more! APPLY & Get Clear.
- Join TheFinally First Club: This is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, heIp you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way!
- It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next Join now! www.iamfinallyfirst.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes