What You’ll Learn from this Episode about How to Find your Midlife Fashion:
- Why midlife fashion can be relevant to you.
- How you don’t need to be fancy or spend a lot of money to care about fashion in midlife.
- How being aware of your thinking can help you gain perspective about what your style means to you.
- How your thoughts about style and how you look can bring you down emotionally.
- How you can take simple steps to get help figuring out your style.
- Why caring about fashion doesn’t have to be expensive.
- How fashion is like anything else in midlife when it comes to being intentional to get to your goal.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Your personal style can be easily overlooked in midlife. Fashion isn’t something that everyone values or prioritizes. But, being intentional about how you look and dress can be more meaningful than you think.
As a women in the middle, you know first hand how quickly time flies. Before you know it, a couple of decades have gone by but you might still be wearing the same clothes. Your priorities don’t always include staying current with the latest fashion trends.
Today we’re talking about how to plug IN to thinking about how you want to look and what you want to wear ON PURPOSE and how this is typically just another area in your life where you’ve been functioning on autopilot. You haven’t made it a priority.
As with everything, you’re a grown woman and you can wear what you want. But you have to like your reasons. Are you wearing those jeans because you don’t know where to buy jeans anymore? Are you wearing that athletic wear to yoga class because you want to or because you think you’re too busy to go out and buy what you really want?
The “Thought Model” helps you understand how thoughts are subjective and are about neutral facts in your life. Being aware of your thoughts is super important because your thinking creates your feelings. If the way you dress gets you thinking thoughts that make you feel sad or frumpy, you may want to change your thoughts. You may also decide that you want to be way more intentional about your style or at least certain parts of your wardrobe. Suggestions of how to take baby steps to get started are also discussed.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Ep 6: A Look at your Underwear Drawer & the Importance of Self Care: https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/underwear-self-care/
- Three Amazing Reasons to Ditch your Bad Underwear: https://suzyrosenstein.com/blog/underwear/
- Ep 38: How Yoga Pants Help you Hide: https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-38-how-yoga-pants-help-you-hide/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
Check out the Women in the Middle Academy, my new 6 month coaching program where you can get unstuck, get clear and finally feel free! Love your life after 50! Join us! Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes