What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Feminism and Midlife: A Look at Midlife and Body Image with Kara Loewentheil:
- How a feminist perspective can help you become even more aware of the ways you think about your body in midlife.
- Why the thoughts you grow up thinking don’t only come from your parents.
- How you can surprise yourself with awareness of how your own thoughts about your body don’t always line up with your personal values in midlife.
- Why it’s important to understand what a feminist perspective can teach you about how socialization affects your thinking.
- How it’s so common for women to romanticize youth in midlife.
- Why it’s useful to notice your thoughts about aging because they are optional and can cause pain and discontent.
- What it means to live in a fat-phobic society.
- Why it’s critical to focus on what’s possible, no matter your age or stage.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
What can feminism teach us about midlife? A midlife woman aging in today’s society has many thoughts about her own beauty and self image that are due to societal messaging.
Cursing and Language Warning: More than a few “F bombs” are dropped on today’s episode. You may NOT want to listen to this episode with others, or you may choose to skip this episode if you find cursing offensive. If you don’t care, then you’re in the right place.
The week’s episode introduces you to someone who has an important perspective to share about feminism and self image in midlife.
Kara Loewentheil is a Master Certified Coach and Host of the UnF*ck Your Brain Podcast. Three years ago she did what every Jewish parent dreams of for their child: She left her legal career running a think tank to become a life coach. Now she teaches feminist women how to undo the effects of patriarchy in their brains and create true authentic confidence from inside. She has grown her coaching business from zero to seven figures in the last 3 years, and is passionate about teaching women how to overcome anxiety and self-doubt so they can take on the world.
Get ready! We’re digging in about feminism, aging, body changes, aging, self confidence, self loathing, thought work, self acceptance, patriarchy, stereotypes, stigma, weight, lizards and more. Yes…lizards.
Kara also shares her three top tips to love your body, even in its older and wiser glory. You will laugh and you will think. What’s better than that?
Enjoy the interview!
Featured on the Show:
- Episode 34: Expect the unexpected when you have an empty nest, lizards and all https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-34-expect-the-unexpected-when-you-have-an-empty-nest-lizards-and-all/
- How my Midlife Passion Project got me into the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) https://suzyrosenstein.com/blog/midlife-moma/
Connect with Kara Loewentheil:
- UnF*ck Your Brain Podcast: https://unfckyourbrain.com/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes