What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Playing Small in Midlife:
- What it’s like when you just don’t show up like you know you can in midlife.
- Why it’s common to play small and stay small in midlife.
- Why you might choose to stay small.
- Why you might act this way out of fear.
- How what you might be worried about is being rejected.
- Why it’s important to feel your feelings, even fear.
- Why creating growth opportunities for yourself is important.
- How playing small doesn’t serve anyone.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week’s episode is about staying and playing small. It’s when you make a decision not to show up the way you know you could. We’re also talking about why you might be making this decision and what baby steps you can take to stop playing so small so that you can finally step into your zone of genius and shine.
There are several reasons why women in the middle decide to play small. It’s usually has something to do with fear or resistance. You might have a fear of failing or of rejection. Whatever it is, it ends up being a decision to avoid growth by not dealing with scary emotions. We explore what it means to build courage by allowing the fear and doing the scary things anyway. Staying small doesn’t serve anyone. Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Steve Martin’s Let’s Get Small: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyWirJjuO5I
- Connect with Suzy:
- Free Insight Session: https://suzyrosenstein.com/free-mini-insight-consult-session
- FREE eBook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
- Send me an Email! email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes