What you’ll learn about Joy from Being a Orthopedic Surgeon by Day and a Musician at Night in Midlife with Dr. Jackie Auguste.
- Why no matter what you do, prioritizing joy in midlife is critical.
- Why being an orthopedic surgeon doesn’t mean you can’t prioritize playing music.
- How achieving your goal doesn’t always protect you from a midlife funk.
- How you can love your job but still need more in midlife.
- How you know that something’s missing in midlife.
- What it feels like when you can’t ignore something that you need to feel fulfilled.
- How creativity can show up in many parts of your life.
- How exciting it can be to follow your dreams.
- What it’s like to make sure you don’t have regrets about doing something you really feel. strongly about.
- How pushing yourself into your passion, even though you don’t really know what it will look like, can be the most rewarding experience of your life.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week, I introduce you to Dr. Jackie Auguste, a successful Orthopedic Surgeon by day and musician, songwriter and singer at night with the Canadian Band, Across the Board. Jackie is a woman in the middle who knew that being a doctor wasn’t enough when it came to being joyful; she really needed to follow a musical path in a serious way to feel creatively challenged and fulfilled. She knew nothing about running her own music business, and yes, she was busy. But she understood that her life wouldn’t be as meaningful as it could be without more music.
Jackie decided to dive in. Even with a thriving medical practice, she started a band. The musicians involved represent a wide variety of ages, stages and professions. This inspired the name of the band, Across the Board.
Now about five years old, Across the Board is an award-winning Canadian indie pop-rock band of multi-instrumental musicians who push their pop rock sounds to the edge of the rock ‘n roll envelope. With over 160 Youtube videos, a debut album and recent new award-winning EP, ATB has won critical acclaim with four independent music awards for their singles “Indifference”, “Don’t Drag Me Down”, and new EP “Amends”.
Jackie is a woman in the middle who is one of kind. She sets the bar high and goes for it, both with her patients and also with her musical creativity. Like so many of the episodes in this podcast, Jackie shows us how you can really do what you want when you open yourself up to growing, be true to yourself and to take a risk. She’s happier and more fulfilled than ever before.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Learn more about Jackie Auguste’s music at: http://acrosstheboardband.ca
- Follow Across the Board’s Daily Amusing Musical VLOG here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKmw_gbD3mas_vwb4936nIlXY_pIGgKpU
- Like Across the Board’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/acrosstheboardproductions
- Watch Kitchen Sessions with Across the Board, a Musical Cooking Show with Special Guest, Suzy Rosenstein: https://www.facebook.com/acrosstheboardproductions/videos/980949745392773/
- Learn more about coaching with Suzy! Book your Free Mini Insight Session: https://suzyrosenstein.com/free-mini-insight-consult-session/
- Grab your free eBook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk
- Connect with Suzy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes