What You’ll Learn in this Episode about Skin Cancer in Midlife:
- Why having more awareness about skin cancer in midlife can save your life.
- Why it’s important to trust your instinct when it comes to your health in midlife.
- Why it’s critical to share personal melanoma stories during Skin Cancer Awareness Month.
- What Acral Lentiginous Melanoma is.
- Why it’s necessary to check your skin regularly.
- How a cancer diagnosis can change your life in an instant.
- How skin cancer is one of the most preventable forms of cancer.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Skin cancer in midlife can be extremely scary. May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month and I’m so pleased to be able to share important information.
My guest this month is someone who knows all too well how important it is to increase your awareness about skin cancer because she’s a survivor of melanoma.
She’s also my sister.
Stephanie Heart is committed to helping other people by sharing her melanoma story.
Before her diagnosis in 2018, she was leading a relatively normal life as a 45 year old single mom of a 15 year old daughter, a full time mid level sales manager and was dating, spending time with friends and family and just really enjoying life!
And then, she finally got a medical answer about a sore that wasn’t going away on her toe. She never imagined what ended up happening next. In what seemed like a blink of an eye, she got a really frightening and rare melanoma diagnosis and everything changed.
Join us today as Stephanie shares how skin cancer came into her life and what you can learn from her story to protect and take care of yourself.
Reminder: The information shared in this podcast is intended for your convenience, entertainment and education and isn’t geared to your personal situation; my guest is sharing her personal story. This information is not a replacement for care or advice from your own medical professional. So as always, you may have some things you want to follow up on, so please seek a suitable professional to advise you on your personal situation.
Note: This episode has an explicit rating.
Please enjoy the interview!
Featured in this Episode
- Stephanie Heart’s Melanoma Story: https://www.foxchase.org/patient-stories/stephanie-heart
- Acral Lentiginous Melanoma: https://www.healthline.com/health/acral-lentiginous-melanoma
- Skin Cancer Foundation:https://www.skincancer.org/
- Free Sun Protection Guide (Skin Cancer Foundation): https://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-prevention/sun-protection/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: 50waystocelebrate.comand on Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply to work together where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life!. CLICK HERE to apply.
To check out the Women in the Middle Academy, my new 6 month coaching program where you can get unstuck, get clear and finally feel free! Love your life after 50! Join us! Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes