What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why thinking about what you “should” be doing may not motivate you.
- How this kind of negative thinking can be like having it out with a “mean girl.”
- What three common problems are related to the negative consequences associated with “should” thinking .
- How using three strategies can help you get unstuck and create the results you want.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today’s episode is all about why thinking about what you SHOULD do in midlife keeps you stuck, why it’s a problem and what you can do about it.
It can be surprising to realize how often you think about what you should be doing instead of what you are doing. The way “should thinking” plays out in your mind is that it creates incredibly negative emotions that aren’t typically that motivating and actually serve to keep you stuck.
It’s almost as if you’re making getting it substantially more difficult for you to get unstuck.
There are three main reasons that we get in our own way with this type of thinking. Once you figure them out, you can be on the look out for them.
Also reviewed are three steps for what you “should” do instead to get unstuck! You have way more power than you think. You know yourself better than you think too. The journey to getting unstuck can also be more enjoyable than you think once you learn to better manage your mind.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the show
50 Unplugged Mastermind
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes