What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Midlife Resistance and Midlife Regret:
- What midlife resistance looks like in your life.
- What midlife regret looks like in your life.
- Three common areas for midlife resistance typically shows up.
- Why resistance can be an important tool for insight.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today we’re taking a look at midlife resistance and midlife regret and asking which is worse. Each one causes pain but in a different way.
There are three common areas where resistance will show up in midlife: career, relationships and self-care. You may not know how much you’re resisting a goal until you’re really honest with yourself about the results you’re creating.
Regret is a little different than resistance in that it’s more about feeling sad and reflecting on the past in some way. You have less control regarding altering something you’re regretting than something you’re resisting.
Learning to understand your thoughts and feelings about goals and priorities in your life can really increase your awareness of what’s going on for you when you don’t have the outcomes that you want. Picking up on resistance can be an amazingly useful clue to getting and creating what you want!
Don’t miss this episode!
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes