A Vision Board is powerful.
Imagine what it would be like to just think about what you want and make it happen?
Or dream up something great and POOF!
Better yet…wiggle your nose like Tabitha Stephens from Bewitched and voila!
Believe it or not…it’s kind of that way with Vision Boards.
Vision Boards, or “Dream Boards” can be a surprisingly effective way to bring the things you really, really want into your life.
When you’re a super busy working woman, it’s hard to dream.
Even though you probably know that being clear about what you want to create in your life is directly related to actually creating it.
Why? Because it means you have specific thoughts about your purpose, goals, desires and dreams.
These thoughts and way of thinking create your feelings. Feelings can be an amazingly powerful aspect of what happens next, what you actually do. Your behavior is based on your feelings.
So, as you can see, the results that we create are all because of our thinking. Your results prove your thoughts.
I like to think of this thought model as the secret sauce of life.
When you’re not clear about what you want, you rarely get it. The reason is because you have to have a certain way of thinking to produce the results you want. It’s all related.
The work you do to create a Vision Board is only a small part of the importance of the activity. Of course, the activity of putting it all together can be somewhat meditative, but the real power of a Vision Board is what happens afterwards.
Vision Boards are basically visual reminders for what you want. Our brains respond extremely well to visual cues. That’s why Vision Boards can be used as tools to help you live more intentionally.
One of the best ways to live with intention is to think on purpose. This means reminding yourself what you WANT to think, so you can feel the way you WANT to feel, and create the results that you WANT to create.
Vision Boards make it easy to think on purpose. They remind us of what we want to create in our lives.
Here’s your 5 Step Recipe for a Deliciously Exciting VISION BOARD
- Step 1: Your Vision. Spend some time thinking about what you want your future to look like. What is it that you dream about happening or creating? It’s OK to want what you want. Notice how you FEEL when you think this way. Thoughts create feelings. You can also decide how you want to FEEL and then think a thought that creates that feeling.
- Step 2: Important themes. Think about what’s really important to you in terms of goals, values, principles and concepts. I like to think about the aspects of my life as: 1) career; 2) relationships; and 3) self. This bit of structure will help your brainstorming and insight.
- Step 3: The hunt. Start collecting images that reflect what’s most important for you to bring into your life in the future. You may want to include photographs, graphic images from magazines, small found objects and the like.
- Step 4: Put it all together. Think about how you want to use your Vision Board. Do you want to have it out all of the time, displayed where you can see it? Do you want to keep in in your office? This will help you figure out how best to assemble it. There’s no right or wrong way. You can make a collage and glue everything down on poster board or you can make something more elaborate with paint, for example. You will find tons of cool ideas on my Pinterest board. The sky really is the limit.
- Step 5: Look at it. When you Vision Board is finished, the key is to use it to remind yourself of what you want to MAKE HAPPEN in your life. What you want to create. Don’t just put it aside and forget about it. Decide where you will put it so you can see it. Or, remind yourself when to look at it and think about it. This is KEY!
Introducing Vision Board UNPLUGGED!
Vision Board UNPLUGGED! It started out as a dream of mine and by partnering up with a local art studio, Studio p, I was able to bring it to life!
Vision Board UNPLUGGED is all about blowing up the whole vision board concept.
It’s about bringing life coaching and a motivational art workshop together, to create something even bigger and more powerful.
It’s for women who want to bust out of their midlife funk, and do it with style!
Life coaching is often the missing piece when it comes to making a meaningful Vision Board. The coaching takes place on the phone, in the convenience of your own home. Through careful questions, I’ll coach you to think about regret-proofing your life so that you’re more clear than ever before about what you want and why it’s important to make sure you move in this new direction.
We’ll go deep, so that the insights you have will be the ones reflected on your Vision Board. You will arrive at the art workshop fully prepared and ready to bring your dreams to artistic life.
NO ART SKILLS NECESSARY!
This mixed media workshop is unique and guided to help you represent your ideas in a beautiful way. You will walk away with an actual piece of motivational art to help you remember exactly what you want your future to look like.
When finished, this unique and artful Vision Board will be beautiful enough to be displayed in your home to make it extremely easy for it to be used as a motivational reminder about what you want. It will be ready to be hung up.
The mixed media art workshop itself takes place in North York (North Toronto).
We can accommodate up to four women at a time. Email me to get on the mailing list for details and dates or help with travel arrangements! firstname.lastname@example.org You can also message me on Facebook.
Want to learn more about mindfulness and how you can take more control over your life in general? Sign up for a FREE, no obligation consult! Book now!