What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Wendy’s experience with her career and the challenges she experienced along the way.
- What it took for Wendy to see that losing her job was something that happened for her rather than to her.
- The biggest epiphanies she experienced in the process of losing her job.
- How Wendy’s surprising new career choice impacted her life.
- The most important lesson that helped Wendy find her way again after losing her job.
- How mindfulness can help you move forward after unexpected changes in your life.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast! This week, I have a special treat for you – a very first interview with an amazing woman in the middle, Wendy Goodridge.
After going to school for 6 years to get a Joint Honors Degree in Health Studies and a Masters in Kinesiology and a Master’s of Science in Health Research, Wendy spent 25 years working for government agencies in the area of Health Promotion. Over the last 20 years of her career, she worked for an agency where she was able to excel and move up to a leadership role in the organization – only to be lose her job when they decided to restructure.
In this episode, Wendy shares her experience dealing with being unexpectedly restructured out and how she was able to find her way again. Wendy also shares her journey and the thought work she had to do to find a new full-time permanent job and create more job satisfaction as a result.
Don’t miss this opportunity to discover the surprising lessons from leaving a long-term job, especially if it wasn’t your choice to leave. And find out how mindfulness work can be a game-changing difference to being happier moving forward and really loving your life after 50.
Do you know a woman who has faced their fears and shaken things up in midlife by making a huge change (or are you that woman) and might like to talk about it? Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a chance to tell your story on an upcoming podcast episode!
Featured on the Show:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!