What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why we tend to want to fail in advance.
- My recent experience with automatically wanting to fail in advance and how I handled it
- The best question to ask yourself when your brain comes up with reasons why you will fail.
- Why there’s no downside to going “all in” on something you want out of life.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
What is going on with this overwhelming tendency to want to fail way in advance?
By failing in advance, we don’t even give ourselves a chance to experience the outcome of whatever it is we’re giving up on!
In my life, I have been guilty of this more than once. And on this episode, I share my recent experience with my brain automatically going to the “fat chance… this is not going to happen for you” thoughts when I was presented with an incredible opportunity to get my art featured at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC.
Join me in this episode of Women in the Middle to find out how I was able to guide my mind to prepare for success rather than failure and how you can do the same in your life. Discover how you too can learn to take action and grow in spite of what your brain is telling you.
Let me know how you handle situations when your brain is telling you you’re going to fail at something in either the comments below or by emailing me at email@example.com
And if you want to catch my Facebook Live videos of when I go to NYC this week to visit my art on display at the Museum of Modern Art, go to Facebook.com/themidlifecoach
Featured on the Show:
- Ep #13: Do What You Love – Why You Need a Passion Project
- Blog Post: Falling in love again at my age…with a pair of shoes
- If you missed it last week, make sure to grab your FREE WORKSHEET: What’s a good Passion Project for you?
- Book a Free Mini Insight Session
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!