What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s important to prioritize downtime.
- Why prioritizing downtime can be a struggle.
- How the concept of productivity is related to downtime.
- How committing to downtime can improve your life and your health.
- Why many midlife women think downtime is indulgent.
- How ignoring your need for downtime is a choice that you can change.
- What the steps are to create more downtime in your life.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
So many midlife women think that downtime is important but don’t prioritize it in their lives. In fact, there’s a lot of resistance toward downtime as a concept.
Downtime is one of those topics where there’s a big disconnect between what is generally accepted intellectually as something that’s desirable AND what actually happens in reality. There are several reasons for this.
It’s common for midlife women to combine their thoughts about productivity with downtime. And it’s also common to come up with excuses about why it’s too difficult to make downtime happen in your life. Having downtime can sometimes feel indulgent. So many of Women in the Middle aren’t used to making downtime a priority.
As with so many things in life, the barrier to getting what you want is your thinking.
The important reasons for having downtime are discussed. In addition, five simple steps to make downtime a part of your reality are reviewed.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- TV Show, I Love Lucy, Job Switching Episode: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0609243/
Connect with Suzy:
- Join my FREE Facebook Group:
- APPLY and book a free 10 minute call: www.talktosuzy.com
- Download your FREE ebook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk/
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes