What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What it’s like when you’re in midlife and have a difficult mother.
- How life coaching and mindfulness strategies helped cope with this difficult relationship.
- What it’s like to work on a difficult relationship with your mother, from a non-clinical perspective.
- What it’s like to decide it’s best to tell your mother not to contact you again.
- How hard it can be to detangle a complex relationship and be clear about your boundaries with your mother.
- How therapy and coaching both contributed to sorting out this complex relationship.
- How even though it’s difficult, you can learn to love the process.
- How doing this personal work can be the single most liberating and life-affirming thing you do as a daughter.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week’s episode features an interview with Karen C.L. Anderson, someone who is an expert at creating inspiration and advice for difficult mother/daughter relationships.
It’s another interview in my series called Weekly Wow. Weekly Wow introduces you to amazing women who have something relevant to share with women in the middle.
Specifically, today’s episode introduces you to Karen C.L. Anderson, who is a Master Certified Life Coach (certified at The Life Coach School) and also the author of the book, The Peaceful Daughter’s Guide to Separating from a Difficult Mother, which, by the way, is an international bestseller, and has sold over 130,000 copies (no longer available).
Karen’s new book, Difficult Mothers, Adult Daughters: A Guide for Separation, Liberation and Inspiration is helping so many people as well and is widely available. Sorting out the mother/daughter relationship is relevant for so many women in the middle and I’m so excited for Karen to share her knowledge and perspective with you today.
Don’t miss this interview!
Featured on the show:
- Karen’s Book: Difficult Mothers, Adult Daughters: A Guide for Separation, Liberation & Inspiration through Amazon: https://amzn.to/2JRxP28
- Contact Karen through the Patreon community: https://www.patreon.com/kclanderson
- Email Karen here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get on Karen’s mailing list here: https://www.kclanderson.com/subscribe/
- Healthy Boundaries for Kind People: https://www.randibuckley.com/healthy-boundaries-for-kind-people
Coach with Suzy:
- Here’s how to book your Free Insight Session: https://suzyrosenstein.com/free-mini-insight-consult-session
- Grab your FREE eBook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes