What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What “strengths” are.
- Why it’s important to understand your strengths.
- How understanding your strengths can help you contribute at the highest level.
- What the Clifton Strengths assessment and tools are all about.
- How re-connecting with your strengths can help drive your happiness in midlife.
- How your strengths can be the reason you’re satisfied with your career or not.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
This week’s episode is all about the importance of identifying your strengths in midlife. Essentially, what makes you tick and how to identify what you’re great at. I bet that’s something you might want to know more about! Today we’re talking about all of it.
This is another episode in the Weekly Wow with Women in the Middle Series, which introduces you to real life women in the middle who have some pretty cool and highly useful information to share with you. That’s how I feel about this strengths work.
My goal for Weekly Wow is to bring you topics that will literally make you say, WOW! I’m glad we’re talking about this!
This week, meet Jennifer Thornton, a Certified Clifton Strengths Coach, who first discovered strengths work in her own career, and then saw such powerful results, she decided to help other people the same way.
As busy women in the middle, we all know that it’s important to stay focused so you can keep moving forward, exactly the way you want to. Understanding your strengths can make life so much easier.
Jennifer introduces the concept of “success clues” as a way to look at your strengths and connect with parts of your life that you may have been overlooking. She explains how powerful the strengths survey can be to help you really see what makes you tick. Over 18 million people have taken this survey as a way to help be successful on their terms. So powerful.
An understanding of your strengths can also help you decide if you’re in the right job or career. Where are you the happiest? When were you the most productive? What kind of feedback has really resonated with you? These are all important questions for you to take a look at.
Understanding your strengths can be really useful as you age and are in midlife too. Midlife is a time when you can finally spend a bit more time looking at what you want to create FOR YOURSELF. You can use this work to stop trying to fit a round peg in a square hole when it comes to parts of your life and finally align yourself with key aspects of your personality that help you be successful.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Book your 1 hour Strengths Exploratory Coaching Session with Jennifer Thornton, Certified Clifton Strengths Coach (code and ebook included) by emailing her and referencing this podcast for the promotional rate at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can check out her website at: www.304coaching.com
- Buy the book: Strengths 2.0 (get and use the code for the assessment): https://www.amazon.com/StrengthsFinder-2-0-Tom-Rath/dp/159562015X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1521056098&sr=1-1&keywords=strengths+finder+2.0
- Check out the Gallop Strengths Center on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/GallupStrengths
- Coach with Suzy! Here’s how to book your Free Insight Session: https://suzyrosenstein.com/free-mini-insight-consult-session
- Grab your FREE eBook: 10 Surprising Ways to Bust Out of Your Midlife Funk https://suzyrosenstein.com/midlifefunk
- Email your feedback: email@example.com