What You’ll Learn from this Episode About Live Free and Hike: Rebuild and Reinvent in Midlife with Linda Magoon:
- How to live free and hike and how it can help you rebuild and reinvent yourself in midlife after ending a 25-year toxic marriage.
- What it’s like to be married to someone who has a short fuse, is angry and controlling.
- What it’s like to be stuck in an unhealthy relationship.
- Why it can be difficult to even understand what a healthy relationship looks like when you don’t have one.
- How the routine of “surviving not thriving” can easily become your reality.
- Why the word “want” wasn’t even in my vocabulary when I was in my toxic marriage.
- How my dog helped with the epiphany that things had to change with marriage.
- Why it’s common to stay in a bad marriage like this for so long.
- What it’s like to finally be able to finally life free and leave a toxic marriage.
- How the idea of a passion project can emerge and connect to a part of you that you had forgotten.
- What celebrating the completion of the goal to hike 48 summits was like.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
SPECIAL NOTE: Trigger Warning for this Episode:
A PORTION OF THIS PODCAST CONCERNS REFERENCES TO CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. If you’re a listener who may be particularly sensitive to this content, please take note. This episode may or may not be what you want to choose to listen to right now.
This week’s guest is Linda Magoon, author of the new book, “Live Free and Hike: Finding Grace on 48 Summits.” A Journey of Healing and Self-Discovery Atop New Hampshire’s White Mountains.
Finally Live Free
Newly liberated after ending her 25-year toxic marriage to a controlling husband, Linda Magoon gradually regained her independence and rediscovered her love of hiking in the White Mountains.
Linda set a goal to climb all 48 of New Hampshire’s 4,000-foot and higher peaks. With every upward stride, she cautiously rebuilt her life. But less than a year later, after shocking allegations and a surprise arrest of her ex-husband on child molestation, Magoon found herself in a downward spiral as she processed the guilt, shame, and sadness of being married to someone so infamous.
Hiking 48 Summits in the White Mountains of New Hampshire
By climbing each challenging summit, Linda found the internal strength needed to overcome the uncertainty surrounding the worst period of her life. Neither age, lack of experience, nor unforeseen life events would stop her from attempting her goal.
I’m thrilled to welcome Linda Magoon to the podcast.
You’re going to be quite inspired by this interview!
Domestic Violence Hotline – USA:
NATIONAL COALITION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
Telephone number: 1-800-799-SAFE
Domestic Violence Hotlines – Canada:
Love is Respect Website about Relationships (with quiz): www.loveisrespect.org
Free Worksheet: Passion Project 50 https://suzyrosenstein.com/passionproject50/
Free Worksheet: Thought Awareness in Midlife https://suzyrosenstein.com/women-in-the-middle/
Connect with Linda Magoon
Buy the book, Live Free and Hike: Finding Grace on 48 Summits: https://books2read.com/u/baBzEv
Connect with Suzy
Free Worksheet: Regret-Proof Your Vision Board Template
PODCAST CLUB: Are you a midlife woman who loves listening to the Women in the Middle Podcast? Listeners are invited to continue the podcast conversation monthly and directly with Suzy on Zoom! You also get a monthly worksheet to help you apply what you’re learning on the podcast. Monthly membership, cancel any time. Become a Founding Member at only $6 per month! JOIN NOW!
NEW PODCAST: Women in the Middle® Entrepreneurs: Are you a 50+ woman business owner or entrepreneur who’s dealing with navigating classic midlife issues that are affecting the way you run your business? We’re looking to interview guests just like you from a wide variety of different businesses! Apply now: www.midlifeinterviews.com
WORK WITH ME: The Women in the Middle® Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a signature six-month, online group coaching program and community for midlife women, that provides a roadmap to help you go from being unclear about what you want to be crystal clear about how to create a more fun, meaningful and regret free next chapter! Create a new Midlife Operating System™ that will support that way you grow forward to more freedom, peace, and balance. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com and apply and book your free call we’ll see how I can help you find what’s missing so that you love your life after 50.
PRIVATE COACHING: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.