What You’ll Learn from this Episode About The “Good Enough” Challenge as a Perfectionist in Midlife:
- How the “good enough” challenge can help you as a perfectionist in midlife.
- How being a perfectionist and/or overachiever can cause you challenges in midlife.
- Why it’s easy to lose perspective and succumb to autopilot thinking when you have perfectionist and/or overachiever tendencies.
- How being curious about what you’re thinking, feeling, and doing can help you understand what you want.
- Why you might want to take the “good enough” challenge.
- How you could benefit from taking the first step of raising your awareness of perfectionism and being an overachiever in your life.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Today’s podcast episode is about being a perfectionist and/or overachiever and why you should take the “good enough” challenge
If you’re a perfectionist and/or overachiever, you have likely known this about yourself for decades. You probably label yourself as such. You have probably also seen some positive outcomes from your tendency to approach life this way.
However, there are also some personal challenges and perhaps even negative outcomes that are typically related to having these personality traits as well. You can create pain for yourself as well and it may be something you want to work on improving.
You’re invited to play with the concept of tweaking your standards about something to be “good enough” instead of perfect. Three steps are explained with examples to help you do just this.
You’re going to get so much from this episode! Enjoy!
Podcast: Ep 244: When your unhelpful thoughts aren’t obvious in midlife
Free Worksheet: Thought Awareness in Midlife https://suzyrosenstein.com/women-in-the-middle/
Connect with Suzy
CRUISE: Interested in getting more information about the Women in the Middle Connection Cruise in February 2024? Put “cruise” in the subject line and send an email to email@example.com
PODCAST CLUB: Are you a midlife woman who loves listening to the Women in the Middle Podcast? Listeners are invited to continue the podcast conversation monthly and directly with Suzy on Zoom! You also get a monthly worksheet to help you apply what you’re learning on the podcast. Monthly membership, cancel any time. Become a Founding Member at only $6 per month! JOIN NOW!
NEW PODCAST: Women in the Middle® Entrepreneurs: Are you a 50+ woman business owner or entrepreneur who’s dealing with navigating classic midlife issues that are affecting the way you run your business? We’re looking to interview guests just like you from a wide variety of different businesses! Apply now: www.midlifeinterviews.com
WORK WITH ME: The Women in the Middle® Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a signature six-month, online group coaching program and community for midlife women, that provides a roadmap to help you go from being unclear about what you want to be crystal clear about how to create a more fun, meaningful and regret free next chapter! Create a new Midlife Operating System™ that will support that way you grow forward to more freedom, peace, and balance. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com and apply and book your free call we’ll see how I can help you find what’s missing so that you love your life after 50.
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.