What You’ll Learn from this Episode About Going From Healing to Reinvention in Midlife with Jayne Dearborn:
- How the path from healing to reinvention in midlife can be surprising.
- What it’s like to experience the unimaginable loss of your young son after a 7-month battle with leukemia.
- How creativity can be an integral part of healing.
- How reinvention can happen over and over again in midlife.
- What it’s like to take a vision through to reality.
- How Cortona, Italy was part of reinvention and healing.
- What “knowing” actually feels like.
- Where the inspiration for Sacra Blu Soulfully Transformative Retreats came from.
- Why my guest believes that nothing in her life has been wasted.
- Why the creation of these specific healing retreats makes perfect sense at this point in her life.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
My guest this week is a successful entrepreneur has gone from healing to reinvention; in fact, she’s someone who has reinvented herself many times and comes from a place of surviving to thrive.
Jayne Dearborn shares her journey of healing and rediscovering herself mid-life in hopes of giving support and encouragement.
Specifically, Jayne has launched two companies, JayneMax soulfully luxurious handbags, and Portland Electric Boat Company, and co-founded a non-profit, Blue Butterfly Campaign, whose mission is to raise and donate funds for childhood leukemia research, something that has affected her family personally.
Jayne has also co-led groups of bereaved parents for 6 years providing support and a safe place to heal to over 150 families at the Dougy Center for grieving children and their families.
Her latest endeavor is a women’s healing/Wellness retreat called Sacra Blu Soulfully Transformative Retreats.
This episode will put some important perspective and hope around the possibility of reinvention in your life, even when it seems impossible.
The Dougy Center: https://www.dougy.org/
The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
Connect with Jayne Dearborn:
Connect with Suzy
PODCAST CLUB: Are you a midlife woman who loves listening to the Women in the Middle Podcast? Listeners are invited to continue the podcast conversation monthly and directly with Suzy on Zoom! You also get a monthly worksheet to help you apply what you’re learning on the podcast. Monthly membership, cancel any time. Become a Founding Member at only $6 per month! JOIN NOW!
NEW PODCAST: Women in the Middle® Entrepreneurs: Are you a 50+ woman business owner or entrepreneur who’s dealing with navigating classic midlife issues that are affecting the way you run your business? We’re looking to interview guests just like you from a wide variety of different businesses! Apply now: www.midlifeinterviews.com
WORK WITH ME: The Women in the Middle® Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a signature six-month, online group coaching program and community for midlife women, that provides a roadmap to help you go from being unclear about what you want to being crystal clear about how to create a more fun, meaningful and regret free next chapter! Create a new Midlife Operating System™ that will support that way you grow forward to more freedom, peace, and balance. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com and apply and book your free call we’ll see how I can help you find what’s missing so that you love your life after 50.
PRIVATE COACHING: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.