What You’ll Learn from this Episode About Client Success: Stop Waiting to Have Fun in Midlife with Dr. Perri Gallagher:
- What client success can look like when you use life coaching to help you stop waiting to have fun again in midlife.
- What you can learn from a disciplined early career in professional ballet.
- Why journaling can help you understand what you’re thinking and what you want.
- How having a passion for writing and being a “word nerd” early on can give you insight into a potential career in English.
- What you can learn when your feelings change about work dramatically and it’s just not fun anymore.
- How has digital teaching and education changed dramatically over the last 20 years.
- What a midlife funk can feel and lead to unhappiness at work and beyond.
- Why feeling stagnant and not doing anything “new and fresh” for years can lead to feeling stuck in midlife.
- What it’s like to finally realize that you might be experiencing a “midlife crisis.”
- Why it’s important to stop waiting and learn to put yourself first in midlife.
- Why the framework-based foundation of Women in the Middle Academy is invaluable.
- Why trying on new thoughts can be life-changing.
- Why leaning into your passions in life can add enormous fulfillment overall in midlife.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
This week you’ll meet a client who had success and finally realized how important it was to stop waiting to have fun in midlife; through life coaching, she learned that by making specific midlife changes that brought incredible happiness into her life, she could even find more enjoyment in her long term job!
There are many powerful insights to learn from and apply to your life in this episode.
Life Coaching Client Success to Stop Waiting to Have Fun in Midlife
My guest this week is Dr. Perri Gallagher, who’s a professor of English at Ohlone Community College in the San Francisco Bay Area. She started her academic career in her twenties after having studied at the Pacific Northwest Ballet School on scholarship from the time she was sixteen.
Perri earned her Associate’s degree from Chabot College, Bachelor’s from U.C. Berkeley, Master’s from Stanford University, and Doctorate of Education in Higher Education from Alliant International University in San Francisco.
Three years after earning her Master’s degree, she landed a tenure track position at Ohlone College and has been there ever since. She’s been teaching for 27 years and has offered a variety of classes from basic writing skills to literature, first-year composition, research, and critical thinking.
Perri’s passionate about giving her students an opportunity to create their future through education and thrives in the diversity of students she serves, including those who are older and wiser starting a new career or investing in themselves personally or professionally. She lives with her husband of 33 years, two young adult children and a sassy Maine Coon mix cat.
Life Changing Breakthroughs in Midlife
Like so many of you, midlife wasn’t looking so good when Perri reached out for coaching. She shares how she realized that her black-and-white thinking was actually setting her up to “fail in advance” and not move toward the kinds of things that would help her get excited about her life again. Perri started thinking bigger. She started to be more curious and think about what was actually possible!
New beliefs were plentiful. Being more social and balanced overall and not waiting for the “fun stuff” until later are now integral strategies and practices in her life.
And of course, it’s not all “work.” Coaching in the Women in the Academy also includes an upbeat approach to life changes, accountability, fun, and creativity! Growing forward never felt so good!
This episode will give you lots to think about and apply to your own life. Please enjoy!
Related Information for More Midlife Coaching Support
Podcast about Coffee Houses: https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-213-how-to-reimagine-coffee-and-connection-in-midlife-with-sharlene-wilder/
Playing the Waiting Game in Midlife: https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-271-when-you-play-the-waiting-game-in-midlife/
BLOG: 5 Easy Steps to Think Through your Thoughts: https://suzyrosenstein.com/blog/5-easy-steps-to-think-through-your-thoughts/
Connect with Suzy the Midlife Coach
PODCAST CLUB: Are you a midlife woman who loves listening to the Women in the Middle Podcast? Listeners are invited to continue the podcast conversation monthly and directly with Suzy on Zoom! You also get a monthly worksheet to help you apply what you’re learning on the podcast. Monthly membership, cancel any time. Become a Founding Member at only $6 per month! JOIN NOW!
NEW PODCAST: Women in the Middle® Entrepreneurs: Are you a 50+ woman business owner or entrepreneur who’s dealing with navigating classic midlife issues that are affecting the way you run your business? We’re looking to interview guests just like you from a wide variety of different businesses! Apply now: www.midlifeinterviews.com
WORK WITH ME: The Women in the Middle® Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a signature six-month, online group coaching program and community for midlife women, that provides a roadmap to create a more fun, meaningful, and regret-free next chapter! Create a new Midlife Operating System™ that will support that way you grow forward to more freedom, peace, and balance. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com and apply and book your free call we’ll see how I can help you find what’s missing so that you love your life after 50.
PRIVATE COACHING: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.