What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Designing the Long Life You Love with Ayse Birsel:
- Why the new book, Design The Long Life You Love: A Step-By-Step Guide to Love, Purpose, Well-Being, and Friendship is so important as we age.
- How design thinking can be applied to your life.
- Why a midlife funk can be inspirational.
- Why thinking about life as your biggest project is a helpful framework.
- How much you can learn from someone else because you have so much experience and apply.
- Why it’s so common to look for purpose and meaning later in life.
- Why not having a process to grow forward later in life can feel scary.
- How the design process can help you design your life on purpose.
- How thinking about heroes shows you the way and can help you understand your values.
- Why your values are the base of the design of your intentional life.
- Why loving yourself a little bit more can be the greatest gift you can give yourself.
- Why doing research with elders and then collaborating with elders to design the book was incredibly informative.
- Why an intergenerational society needs to be part of our future
- Why it’s a good idea to have friends 9 years older and 9 years younger.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Today’s episode is all about designing a long life you love with Ayse Birsel.
When you are older, you tend to be more open to actually exploring what YOU expect of life. Finally. You’re at least open to the idea that it’s time to put yourself first.
My guest today is Ayse Birsel. She’s one of the world’s leading industrial designers; her work can be found in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). She has helped thousands of people across the globe transform their lives by teaching them how to solve life’s problems using design, which has earned her the nickname Design Evangelista.
Her goal is to improve 10 Million lives through her movement, Design the Life You Love. She is one of the Most Creative People In Business, according to Fast Company. She is recognized as the “#1 Coach for Life Design,” by Marshall Goldsmith 100Coaches.
Ayse coaches individuals, entrepreneurs, corporations, and communities on how to design their life and work through her training programs, workshops, and keynotes. Her new book, Design the LONG Life You Love, was published in December 2022.
You’re going to get a lot from this interview. Please enjoy!
Featured in this Episode:
Pg: 21: time in your life. what life expects of you…you want to do what you expect of life
“Fred” – Stephen Frederick, Band Director and Suzy’s Mentor: https://www.npenn.org/our_district/knightsofhonor/inaugural_class_of_2016/stephen_frederick
Happy Highlights Worksheet: Happy Highlights of your Book of Life Worksheet
Ceiling Light Projector: Search terms like “Aurora Borealis Projector” or “Northern Lights Projector.
Ep136, Women in the Middle Podcast: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ep-136-mahjong-as-a-mother-daughter-tradition-with-cheryl-zeldin-ruth-zimelman/
Connect with Ayse Birsel
Ayse Birsel’s Website: https://www.aysebirsel.com/
Ayse Birsel’s Book: https://www.amazon.com/Design-Long-Life-Step-Step/dp/0762481153/
Get the “Design the Work You Love Heroes Exercise” and Sign Up for the Newsletter: https://www.aysebirsel.com/newsletter
Connect with Suzy
NEW PODCAST: Women in the Middle® Entrepreneurs: Are you a 50+ woman business owner or entrepreneur who’s not quite where you want to be in business and/or your life? We’re looking for interview guests just like you from a wide variety of different businesses! Apply now: www.midlifeinterviews.com
The Women in the Middle® Academy (WITMA): WITMA is my signature six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women, especially entrepreneurs, who know they’re meant for more, are ready to create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most successful, free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com and apply and book your free call; it’s a fun, no-obligation “MOMENTUM CALL” and we’ll see how I can help you find what’s missing so that you love your life again.
Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.