What You’ll Learn from this Episode about the Midlife Empty Nesting with Somewhat Independent Kids:
- Why it’s important to understand what you think about your young adult’s growing independence.
- What it means to feel some resistance to this idea of your child transitioning to an independent lifestyle.
- Why it’s common to be confused and unclear about why something you believe in would be difficult to act on in midlife.
- Why it’s important to think about applying your insights to your life now.
- What the four common thoughts are that might get in your way as you try to get more comfortable with your young adults’ independence.
- Why this kind of awareness about your mindset regarding your young adults can lead to greater fulfillment and happiness.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Today’s episode is about midlife empty nesting with somewhat independent kids; you’re invited to look closely at the transition you might be going through as your kids grow toward great independence.
This midlife transition is full of mixed emotions. One of your negative emotions might surprise you. Learn the 4 common thoughts that might lead to resistance to your behavior around your young adults’ independence, even though you want your young adult to thrive like this. Like so many things in life, great awareness about your mindset will help you manage your mind and your emotions more and more going forward.
Enjoy this episode!
Featured on the Podcast:
New Midlife Training: Free Video – www.midlifevideo.com
Free Funk busing Awareness Worksheet: https://suzyrosenstein.com/women-in-the-middle/
Podcast: Episode 204: Empty Nest & Career Re-Imagination Midlife with Kelly Christian
Blog: How to Communicate in your Empty Nest: https://suzyrosenstein.com/how-to-communicate-in-your-empty-nest/
Connect with Suzy
New Midlife Training Video: Find out more about how to get unstuck and live your best life “in the middle” at www.midlifevideo.com
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who know they’re meant for more and are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, apply, and book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
Grab your free guide, Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions/
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets, and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.