What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Strength and Fitness in Midlife with Alicia Jones:
- Why strength and fitness are critical in midlife to stay healthy and happy in your next chapter.
- How increasing your level of fitness doesn’t need to take up as much time as you think.
- Why thinking it’s too hard to do when you have a job is the kind of mindset that’s not helpful.
- How leg strength is related to your quality of life.
- How incorporating even 5 minutes of regular strength training is a great place to start.
- Excellent tips and strategies to incorporate strength training into your routine.
- Why it’s a good idea to check in with your future self for guidance around strength and fitness in your life.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle Podcast
Today’s episode is all about strength and fitness in midlife with my special guest, Alicia Jones.
It’s no surprise that when strength and fitness are a priority in your life, you set yourself up for a healthier and happier next chapter. Yet, for so many of us, there’s a disconnect between what you want to do…and what you’re actually doing to achieve your fitness and well-being goals.
Alicia Jones is a fitness and weight loss expert for women over 50.
She’s also someone who has lost weight and found a healthy lifestyle without fad diets and without punishing physical routines.
For 16 years she’s helped transform the health and the lives of women over 50 through her fitness and weight loss strategies. Alicia appeared on various health and wellness television programs and produced and hosted Health Matters and The View: Health and Wellness On Rogers TV.
She also has a B.A. in Kinesiology and adds many certifications to her list of qualifications, including National Coach of Canada, Advanced Sports Nutrition, Certified Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Training Specialist: CanFit-pro, and many others.
Alicia believes that you CAN get your body back to a place of strength, unstoppable energy, and optimal health in your 50s, 60s, 70s, and beyond! The body has changed, and the old fitness formula used in your 30s and 40s won’t work anymore. But, you can create your best quality of life to live the second half with true enjoyment!
I know you’re going to love meeting Alicia and I’m sure you’ll get lots of amazing information to help you move forward with your own strength and fitness goals.
Please enjoy this interview!
Featured on the Podcast:
Connect with Alicia Jones:
CHALLENGE: Free 7-Day Starter and Strength Challenge Don’t miss it! (affiliate link)
MASTERCLASS: The 2-Step Process to Fine-Tune Your Food and Fitness Formula to Achieve Optimal Health & Melt Away the Midlife Midsection (affiliate link)
DEAD BUG EXERCISE: Go to minute 12:02 of this video for a demonstration
Connect with Suzy
NEW Online Training: ! Free training about how to get unstuck and live your best life! WATCH NOW
The Women in the Middle Academy (WITMA): WITMA is a six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who know they’re meant for more and are ready to find what’s missing, create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com, apply and book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” call and we’ll chat!
Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
Grab your free guide, Top 10 Questions to Reimagine your Life after 50: https://suzyrosenstein.com/10questions/
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets, and live your best life: 50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon and other online booksellers
Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, or RSS, and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.