What You’ll Learn during this Episode about Covid-19 and Extra Family Stress with Sara Dimerman:
- Why COVID-19 can cause extra family stress and create division within families.
- Why family meetings are an excellent strategy to cope with stress at home.
- Why roommates at college and university are also experiencing a lot of stress.
- How you can reduce your COVID related stress with exercise.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
COVID-19 related family stress is alive and well in families everywhere. There are so many details to think about, understand and apply that it’s no wonder it’s difficult to feel calm and on top of your regular routine.
My guest today, psychologist Sara Dimerman, helps shed light on what’s going on with COVID-19 related stress and what you can do about it.
For more than 30 years, Sara has been providing counselling for individual adults, couples and families and has a special interest in parenting. I knew she was perfect to help us understand more about this strange COVID times.
It’s common to families to experience a broad range of emotions as they navigate the sometimes bumpy waters of adult children moving back home during the pandemic. Kids this age have enjoyed living on their own and parents with kids this age have started to embrace their empty nest.
These transitions can be stressful for everyone and made worse with the complications and seriousness of COVID-19.
Sara’s brand name is “Help Me Sara” for a reason. She’s been helping people throughout her career and I’m so excited for her to share some insight with you today about COVID-related stress in the family.
Please enjoy the interview!
Featured on the Podcast:
- Connect with Sara Dimerman: https://www.helpmesara.com/
- Sara Dimerman’s Interview with Suzy Rosenstein: Helping Women Manage Midlife Masterfully: https://www.helpmesara.com/2020/11/helping-women-manage-midlife-masterfully/
- Ep 43, Women in the Middle Podcast: Empty Nest from the Inside Out: Interview with a Kid who Flew Away https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-43-empty-nest-from-the-inside-out-interview-with-a-kid-who-flew-away/
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- The Women in the Middle® Academy (WITMA): WITMA is my signature six-month, online coaching program and community for midlife women who know they’re meant for more and are ready to create a life and career on their own terms and become the happiest, most free and fun version of themselves! This can be you! Don’t waste another second feeling stuck. Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com and apply. Book your free, no-obligation “MOMENTUM” and we’ll see how I can help you find what’s missing so that you love your life again.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes